CHAPTER 22

Daehyung settled in his chair, as the moonlight fell into the dark room through the crevices of the window. He let out a pained sigh, as he looked around, making sure no one was there. He hunched forward and opened his drawer, heart paining in grief, as he took out a framed picture of his wife and son. It was probably taken when Taehyung was 5 years old. Both were smiling in the picture, as Taehyung kept looking at his mother in adoration.

His mother didn't look any different either. She was giggling and was in the midst of dodging some balloons. This was probably the happiest he'd seen her. He clearly remembered clicking this picture secretly on Taehyung's birthday, all those years ago. He just felt like capturing such a cute moment. Many years and birthdays went by, but none of them exuded so much of happiness like this one did. Taehyung's mother's smile faded away as each birthday went by. But she still stayed strong for Taehyung. Only for Taehyung.

A tear unexpectedly slid by, as he stared at the picture with the help of the moonlight. He missed her. So damn much. He wished she had slapped him all those years back and corrected his mistakes. He wished he could tell Taehyung how much he loved him. He wished he could tell Jungkook the truth. And...he wished Taehyung's mother was still here...with him and Taehyung. He had not only lost his wife, but also his son on the same day. Taehyung had never been the same after his mother died. The fact that Taehyung blamed his dad for murdering her didn't make things better. 

He missed them everyday, heck, every moment of his life, but he simply didn't know why he was missing them so much right now. Literally at 5 in the morning.

He recalled how his bodyguard came to him last night, informing him about Jungkook quitting his job as a secretary. Daehyung had seen this coming. He knew Taehyung would piss him off one day and he'd quit. Yet, he wanted to meet Jungkook to apologise for Taehyung. And he was quick to arrange for a meeting between them. 

He felt nervous about seeing Jungkook, even though Jungkook hadn't recognised him. He almost laughed at himself. One of the most influential men of South Korea, getting nervous about meeting a college kid. Ridiculous.

He sighed, clutching the photo frame close to him, whispering softly to himself.

"I love you, Eujin...and Tae."

------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Daehyung wants to meet me?!"

Jungkook found himself choking at the words of the creepy looking guy in front of him. Jungkook was returning from his shift at the cafe when he felt someone following him. He intended to show off his karate moves but was stumped when the guy cornered him into a bush. Jungkook proceeded to scream, but the guy shushed him, saying he was sent by Taehyung's dad.

Jungkook stopped struggling and listened to what he had to say.

After the guy was done talking, Jungkook found it hard to draw breath. 

Mr. Daehyung wants to meet me Mr. Daehyung wants to meet me Mr. Daehyung wants to mee-

"So, you're coming with me. Right now."

Jungkook weakly nodded. It was literally 10 in the morning. Couldn't have asked for a better start today, Jungkook thought, bitterly.

Jungkook waited while the guy went off. He contemplated running away, but that would be of no use. Plus, he had to know what Taehyung's dad wanted to talk to him about.

A few minutes later, a limo pulled up, with the guy driving it. He signalled for Jungkook to hop in and he did as told.

"I could've walked,"