CHAPTER 29

Jungkook froze. He felt like life was playing a really dirty joke on him. His vision got clouded with tears, seeing the look of indifference on Daehyung's face, he knew that man right there was responsible for this. He wanted to scream until his throat hurt, cry until his eyes dried up and became sore. His head was spinning all around.

"Congratulations on your marriage!"

"Marriage."

Jungkook's head spun and vision become blurry. He had to struggle to keep his balance. His ears rang, all around him were voices.

"Jaeho didn't raise a coward."
"Please sign these papers, Mr. Kim,"
"Don't sign it!"
"Don't blame yourself for our death, son"
"I believe in you, Kookie,"
"Stop bullying him!"

It's as if his life flashed through before his eyes. He heard voices of Kim Daehyung, his parents and Yugyeom...

He felt like throwing up, through his clouded vision he could make out Daehyung smirking triumphantly. He couldn't see Taehyung's expression, since his back was turned towards him.

He heard laughter suddenly. Someone was laughing hysterically.

Noise.

The laughter had died down and all he heard were screams and shouts. Was the screaming internal? Happening inside him? Or was it happening outside, in the real world?

Jungkook couldn't make out, and clutched his ears with both his hands.

He wanted the shoutings to stop. He'd do anything to stop it, anything.

A soft sob escaped his lips and he crashed to the ground on his knees. He wanted nothing more than Daehyung getting up and telling him that it was a joke. A dirty, filthy joke.

And just then, as if it was some sort of a epiphany, his eyes widened and he gasped.

The papers...that he signed as a "contract" and Taehyung signed assuming it's a new deal...

All of it made sense now. Everything made sense.

Kim Daehyung had indeed played a cruel joke on them. He had set them up. Him being hired was no coincidence. Kim Daehyung had it all planned out from the very beginning.

Hiring him, telling him to get close to Taehyung, the contract, sending them off on this trip.

Jungkook wanted to suddenly laugh. It seemed so simple, and had been executed so casually, so easily. It didn't take a rat's ass time to plan this out or play them. He felt disgusted as to how someone could do this to their own son. Son.

Jungkook's head snapped up towards Taehyung. He still hadn't turned around. Gathering all his strength, he weakly stood up, and walked towards Taehyung. He felt a chill run down his spine, staring at Taehyung.

He was smiling. But not the usual boxy-smile, nor one of his cocky ones. It was a smile that looked ghostly. As if his soul was pulled out of his body. His eyes were still hooded and hair ruffled. He noticed how Taehyung was lightly perspiring.

Jungkook stepped back, feeling intimidated and scared. Scared that Taehyung might do something. Either to himself, his father or to Jungkook.

Daehyung's smile had been wiped off his face.

SECRETARY ||VKOOK||On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara