EPILOGUE

4 years later

With a long stretch and a heavy sigh, Jungkook rubbed his eyes, slowly opening them to their dimly lit room. It was 4 am, a few hours to go before sunrise, yet he couldn't sleep for some reason.

The younger had been twisting and turning in bed for a while now, and still couldn't sleep. So he had made up his mind to go to the kitchen and get some snacks instead. He was pretty sure he'd wake Taehyung up too if he kept fidgeting in bed.

However, it seemed like Taehyung had already woken up. He felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso, pulling him closer to the older's chest.

"Baby, ssshhh, its gonna be okay, you'll kill it tomorrow,"

Had circumstances been different, he would've melted at Taehyung's deep, raspy morning voice. But right now, he couldn't focus on that.

"Did I wake you up? I'm so sorry, I'll just go downsta–" he was swiftly shut up by a peck on his lip

"Don't worry about me. I can feel the nervousness radiating off you, babe. You've practised hard for tomorrow, and you're gonna shine, okay? Even if you don't, I'll still love you,"

Jungkook nodded, feeling his eyes prick with tears. It wasn't the sad or nervous one, he was just...happy.

It had been 4 years since they were married. Their lives had changed drastically; Taehyung was still the CEO of Kim Corporations and had been awarded the Best CEO three times in a row. Jimin and Yoongi had gotten married 2 years ago in a lavish beach with only close friends invited, and had adopted 2 children 6 months ago. Namjoon and Jin had quit their jobs to pursue art together in Japan, and even though they were pretty far from the rest, they still kept in touch. Yugyeom and BamBam spent their 5th wedding anniversary in Thailand. Lastly, Hoseok and Jackson celebrated their 6 year anniversary together in the Bahamas.

Everyone seemed to be happy and content with whatever they had, especially Jungkook. He had finally graduated college and briefly flown in to the US to learn more about dancing. Initially, Jungkook wasn't too thrilled with the idea. He wasn't gonna leave Taehyung all alone for 2 years straight!
Ironically, it was Taehyung who had convinced the younger to go and "chase his dreams", even though he had cried for a whole week after Jungkook had reluctantly agreed to leave, but the younger didn't have to know that.

Jungkook made sure to facetime the older every morning after he woke up and every night before Tae went to sleep. It was hard, keeping the time difference in mind, but they made it work.

He'd also call up Jimin and Yoongi frequently to make sure Taehyung was doing okay, and thankfully, he was...well, most of the time atleast. Jungkook still vividly remembered the day he landed in Korea, Taehyung had cried for a whole hour out of happiness, and didn't let the younger go anywhere. After a whole night of love-making, Jungkook genuinely couldn't walk properly for two days, but not that he complained about it. They had been deprived enough in those 2 years.

Now, who had taken up the spot of Taehyung's secretary after Jungkook left, you may ask. Well, it was none other than Yoongi. He still remained Taehyung's secretary till this day. It was a win-win situation for them. Taehyung trusted Yoongi immensly and the latter also earned enough money, so the whole pressure off Jimin to manage their finances was considerably liberated.

Jungkook had signed up with a dance troupe and had performed on various stages. Taehyung had gone to watch every single performance even if he  could barely spot Jungkook in the initial ones. Now, he was a known figure with most aspiring dancers, and nothing made Taehyung prouder than that. He still couldn't believe that Jungkook had come so far in life, and it filled his heart with a strange emotion; nope, not of jealousy, but this emotion of watching the younger grow in front of him into something so magnificent.