CHAPTER 34

Friday evening found Taehyung in Jimin and Yoongi's shared condominium. After dropping Jungkook off at the cafè, he made his way to them.

Placing a cup of hot chocolate in front of Taehyung, Jimin sat down from across him. Yoongi was there as well, silently sipping on his coffee. It was a known fact that Taehyung loved hot chocolate more than any other beverage, and hence, Jimin made coffee for himself and Yoongi, and hot chocolate for Taehyung.

There was this odd tension in the room, and Taehyung wasn't sure whom it was coming from. Yoongi was unbothered, Jimin looked nervous and Taehyung? He had no idea what to feel. He still couldn't fathom that he was in love. In love with a guy.

"So, um, how have you guys been?" Taehyung attempted to break the awkward silence

"Cut the crap, Tae. Both you and I know that you're not here for small talk. Quit wasting your and our time and get to the damn point."

Jimin gasped at Yoongi's dry tone. This was a huge signal to the fact that Yoongi was pissed off. Even though his tone was calm and dry, it had a certain stern-ness to it. Yoongi continued.

"Look, I don't know what the fuck happened between you and Kook, since Jimin wouldn't tell me shit, but I know for a fact that both of you messed up."

Taehyung gulped and spoke up.

"You're right. Though it isn't Kookie's fault...I messed up."

Yoongi raised an eyebrow while Jimin chewed on his bottom lip. If Yoongi was told that Taehyung punched Jungkook in a fit of anger, all hell would break lose.

Taehyung gulped again and started speaking. He didn't hide anything, everything from their marriage to the moving-in, to the the whole punching scenario, to Jungkook completely ignoring the older presently and most importantly, him realising that he's in love.

Yoongi listened calmly, if he was pissed, he showed no signs of it. Jimin nervously tapped his foot. For him this was a nightmare, if a fight broke out between his bestfriend and boyfriend, both of whom he loved dearly, he wouldn't know what to do.

"Taehyung. What do you think love feels like? How and when did you realise you're in love? Most importantly, how did you accept you're in love considering how much of a homophobe you are?"

Yoongi's sudden questions caught the older off-guard. He wasn't expecting Yoongi to question him, he was rather more prepared for a fistfight.

"I don't know. It's just...I want to cradle and protect him with all my life. I don't know when and how it happened but it was a gradual process I guess. Neither was it love at first sight, nor is it a sudden outburst of love which would pass momentarily..."

Yoongi nodded and urged him to go on.

"He was always so lovable...so kind. He was ready to give his entire world to me. He saved me from goons, let me stay in his house, took care of me, arranged a dare for me, all while working his ass off and bearing my ridiculous attitude towards him. I softened up at that point, but once I got to know him better during our trip to London...I think that's where it all started."

"Understandable. But do you think he'd accept a guy who treated him like shit just until 2 weeks ago and then claims out of nowhere that he's in love? Even I fail to understand how a homophobe changed overnight."

Taehyung took a deep breath, knowing that such questions are inevitable.

"I wasn't like this...I've always supported you and Chim, all the while claiming I'm straight. I thought I was straight too. But it all started when I was 16 and was feeling things I shouldn't have felt. It began a small innocent crush on Chim when we were 16. Then on my high school teacher who was a guy, at 17. I'd be at a bar and search for cute guys and not girls. I knew by then, that this wasn't a phase. A phase doesn't last so long."