CHAPTER 9

Jungkook came home with the brightest smile adorning his face. This was one of the best days of his life...the first two being, meeting Yugyeom and that night in the graveyard.

The entire party went much smoother than he had expected. Yes, it was slightly awkward at first, but the boys were so enthusiastic and playful that it soon wore off.

He recalled how Taehyung hadn't smiled even the slightest. It made him wonder whether Taehyung was genuinely so intimidating...like, he always felt Taehyung was like that to only Jungkook since he hated him.

Shaking his head softly, he went to bed, curling up into a small ball. Bed time was his favourite part of the day~

--------------------------

"What the fuck! Can't you do one job properly!?"

Monday morning found Taehyung screaming at the top of his lungs, at some poor staff who had badly messed up.

Taehyung was known to be ruthless and unforgiving. The moment you make the slightest mistake, he'll make sure to make you realise and regret it till your last breath.

Apparently, the staff brought a file which wasn't the one Taehyung had asked for. On top of that, he accidentally spilled the coffee lying in Taehyung's desk. It spilt all over the desk, wetting some papers and gadgets lying about.

And as fate would have it, Jungkook casually strolled into Taehyung's cabin, having heard Taehyung shouting from his cabin.

The first thing he saw was the tear-stained face of the staff, who was violently shaking, looking scared to death.

And next he saw Taehyung turning his gaze to Jungkook, who looked even more intimidating than Jungkook had ever seen.

He felt his throat go dry, but decided to speak up anyway.

"Mr. Kim, I know that I've no right to ask, but why are you shouting?" He asked softly

Taehyung took a sharp breath, as he proceeded to do something brutal to Jungkook.

But before he could, Jungkook walked towards the guy who was pretty much crying by now, and held out his hand for the file. The guy hastily gave it to him.

Jungkook scanned through the file.

"This is an old file, sir. The latest one is with Yoongi. He's in Ms. Jisoo's cabin for some official work." Jungkook spoke softly as he smiled at the guy

The guy nodded hurriedly, as he almost tripped while running out of Taehyung's cabin, too scared to process words and apologise to Taehyung.

Jungkook proceeded to keep the file on his desk, but stopped midway when he scanned the toppled cup of coffee and its contents sprawled across the desk.

Jungkook sighed, shaking his head.

Wordlessky, he took out his handkerchief and wiped the mess up. The desk was still sticky due to the coffee, so he briefly exited and went to his own cabin to wet his handkerchief with water.

He came back and wiped the entire table again. Not once did he look up at Taehyung or acknowledge his presence. But Taehyung's eyes never left him. It went from intense to confused.