CHAPTER 25

Jungkook doesn't remember how or when he signed up for this mess. As far as he was concerned, his life was fine just 48 hours ago. It all started with a call from Mr. Daehyung.

Cursing his luck, he showed up in front of Daehyung's office.

Smiling smugly, he handed the younger a few documents.

"What's this?"

"This is a contract."

Jungkook tried his best not to roll his eyes.

Noticing the look of confusion over the younger's face, he spoke up.

"Basically this contract states that you've got all the rights to tame my son into a better human being."

Jungkook scrunched up his nose in disgust at this man's choice of words.

"Tame isn't the right word. He isn't a wild animal. Maybe if you gave him some love, when he was younger."

There was a long pause. Jungkook was pretty sure he'd be manhandled and thrown out anytime soon now.

"You're right. I should've been more affectionate with him. Since I failed, I want you to do it."

He pushed the documents towards Jungkook.

"Sign it. I need your word."

Jungkook looked taken aback. He wasn't just gonna sign any document like that!

"No offence, but you've absolutely lost it."

Daehyung was surprised at how little this boy feared him. Compared to their first meeting, when he was a stuttering mess and could barely make eye contact.