CHAPTER 20

Taehyung had had enough. He wasn't just gonna sit around and do nothing when Jungkook didn't show up again. Hell, he's gonna march to Jungkook's house and drag him all the way to his office.

But that evening, when Taehyung started his journey to Jungkook's house, he felt his confidence decreasing. Nope, he can't and would not back out now anyway.

By the time Taehyung was in front of Jungkook's doorstep, his hands struggled to ring the doorbell. Fuck, why was he sweating so much?!

He mustered up the courage and knocked once.
Twice.
Thrice.

No answer.

Taehyung wondered if Jungkook was so pissed off that he refused to open the door.

Nah, how would he know it's Taehyung?

"Jungkook...I swear, if you don't open the door at the count of five, I'll break open the door!" Taehyung yelled

No answer.

He sighed.

One...
Two...
Three...
Four...

Four point five...

"Okay, what the fuck?!"

Fine, Jungkook asked for it; as Taehyung slowly backed away to break the door open with force, he realised something.

The spare key...is always under the doormat.

Taehyung felt utterly stupid, and he bent down to slowly flip the mat and slide out the key, all while pretending to dust his shoes, in case a passerby came by and wondered what the fuck he was doing.

With shaky hands, Taehyung unlocked the door and opened it slowly, expecting to see Jungkook sitting casually or just watching TV or something. 

He was met with complete darkness. Obviously, indicating that he wasn't home.

Having lived in his house for a week, he knew exactly where the lights were. He flicked on the lights and closed the door behind him.

The house was too neat. Way too neat.  It made him wonder if Jungkook had actually returned home that night and his heart trembled at the thought.

He hadn't answered any of the frantic calls that Taehyung had made to him in the past 2 hours and that had worried him to an extent of him actually coming over to Jungkook's house. 

He didn't care if he was trespassing right now; he just needed to see Jungkook. 

No no no no no no;

Taehyung made his way to Jungkook's bedroom, half expecting to see him sleeping there, but nope.

It was empty. And dark.

He flicked on the lights and saw a few clothes scattered here and there.

He sighed in defeat and was about to walk out of the room when he heard a piece of cool disco music. It took him, like, 3 seconds to realise that it was Jungkook's phone. He had left it on the bedside table. 

So, that's why he wasn't responding to my calls...

He knew he shouldn't be invading Jungkook's privacy, but he made his way to where the phone was kept and looked at the caller ID.

YUG BABYY

And Tae felt this constricted feeling in his chest.

He swallowed hard and tried moving away but the phone stopped ringing and he breathed. In less than 3 seconds the phone illuminated and a message notification popped up.