CHAPTER 33

Taehyung's heart leapt and he stood up, feeling his heart pulsate within him.

His head was spinning...Evelyn hadn't even been referring to names, she was just bullshitting as usual and yet...the first and only name he thought of was Jungkook's.

No, nope, nada. Taehyung cannot love a boy. He cannot love Jungkook. And yet, he knew Jungkook wasn't unlovable. He was probably the only person who got his heart racing with one simple smile or look. He couldn't deny he would feel all hot and tingly around him, but that was probably too little to term it as "love".

Love was all about respect, passion and putting your loved one's happiness before yours. Would he do that for Jungkook? No doubt, he respected Jungkook secretly. Yeah, he was an ass 90% of the time but he genuinely did respect Jungkook and the hardwork he puts into everything. Love was also supposed to make you feel like you're on top of the world, and at the same time, make you feel like you've lost your ground when you lose that person.

Did Jungkook make him feel like that? He wouldn't be able to deny that he did, in fact, enjoy and genuinely smile after all these years during their trip to London. And now that Jungkook wouldn't even talk to him, wouldn't even look at him...he didn't know what he was feeling.

He had no idea when or how it happened...but it did.

"Fuck..." he cursed, more out of wanting to break the deafening silence than out of frustration

----------------------------

"Fuck!"

Jungkook had messed up his 9th order for the day. He wasn't feeling anything in particular, he felt numb. He had accidentally mixed up two orders, added salt instead of sugar, had almost tripped and spilt the coffee all over himself, and snapped at a co-worker who was just trying to help.

Despite all this, Jungkook still couldn't feel any shit. He wanted to feel something...anything. He had his resignation form ready, and had also prepared himself to hand it over to Taehyung today, but he changed his mind. He knew he needed the job. Instead of acting on impulse, he decided to find another alternate well-paying job first. Till then, he'd have to rot at "Kim Corporations".

He would honestly miss Yoongi after quitting, but he would stay in touch through social media. That's all he could do. He was graduating in a few months anyway, so he was already searching up dance academies that would accept his audition. Once he got accepted, life wouldn't be as hard.

"Jungkook...are you sure you're alright? You've been looking dead for thr past few days..."

Jungkook smiled at the same co-worker whom he had snapped at.

"I'm sorry for snapping at you...I'm don't know what's going on with me." Jungkook let out, for the first time since the events that followed

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Jungkook looked at him. He was a sweet guy, but he didn't want to say anything as of now. It would sound ridiculous if he just went "hey, I'm married to Kim Taehyung, the CEO of the second richest company!".

It would turn ugly regardless of whether he believed it or not. Jungkook would probably be termed a delusional psychopath or Taehyung's reputation will go down the hole, if people did believe it. Both of which Jungkook didn't want, especially not thr latter. Taehyung had worked extremely hard to bring his company to where it was, and Jungkook wouldn't ruin that.

"No...it's alright. Thank you for the concern, I really appreciate it." Jungkook let out a genuine smile

By the time Jungkook's shift was over, almost everyone had left but he stayed back to clean up and apologise to his manager for all the mess he had created. The manager had just smiled and advised him to take some rest as he clearly wasn't being himself the past few days. Jungkook's had face heated up and he apologised again. His manager was a really kind, elderly man, who specifically hired young people in need of jobs. He also made sure to pay them heavily. He never mistreated them or lost his cool. Jungkook genuinely respected him from the bottom of his heart.