Chapter 9.5: Il Minjoon (Valentine's Day Special)

Start from the beginning

Not knowing what else to do, both followed the child inside.

The savory smell suddenly intensified, making both father and son's stomach rumble.

The Acacia tree stepped into view, countless of lanterns float in the branches, brightening the yard. Daehyun couldn't believe it. It looked beautiful. It made him wander back to his childhood, to the time when he first came here. It honestly made him scared, the huge branches of the Acacia trees under the moonlight looked like a monster, with its impending figure. It's shadow almost stretching to his feet, scaring him to his wit's end. Comparing it to the present, made him dubious if what he was seeing is true.

Hae Gi looked at the child, then to the Emperor. She already composed herself a little while ago. Noticing both's stomach rumble, she chuckled.

She gently ushered Minjoon to the dining table, signaling him to go eat. Minjoon nodded with a smile on his face as he ran to the table.

Hae Gi turned to the Emperor. With a controlled smile, she bowed.

"Greetings your majesty, what made you visit today?"

She slowly straightened her back as she looked at the Emperor, her smile, albeit little, was still there.

Seeing her up close made Daehyun's heart flutter. He tried not to blush as he looked away, pretending to cough.

"I-I happened to pass by."

Hae Gi looked at the Emperor, It seemed too sudden for him to make his move. She wondered how did he happen to wander in this place. Then Daehyun's stomach growled.

Both froze. Especially Daehyun. He opened his mouth only to close it again. He seemed like he was trying to say something, but was unable to. At the moment, he looked like a gaping fish.

Hae Gi chuckled, her hands covering her mouth, seeing the sight. Placing her hands in front as she clasped it together, she spoke.

"If it's not too troubling for you your majesty, would you like to have dinner?"

Daehyun stunned with the request, suddenly smiled. He laughed as he affirmed.

"Yes, I do."

The two walked towards the table. Minjoon was already sitting in one of the chairs, his chopsticks on his mouth.

"Mama, can we please eat now?"

Minjoon grumbled.

Hae Gi smiled as she nodded. She walked over to the chair, attempting to sit down. She was suddenly stopped by Daehyun as he gently moved the chair backward, ushering her to sit.

Hae Gi blushed as she sat down. Her gaze fixed on the plate not attempting to move.