Chapter 50 - Tammy

It's been a week since Jason, Cecilia and I got back from Sydney and since I moved in with Jason.

The moment I opened the door just like Jason asked as he carried both of our suitcases inside is still fresh in my mind just like the bruises on my body.

We were at his apartment that was off campus but close enough to college. Jason made it clear, from now on and for the sake of everyone. I will be living here.

I wrote my faith the day I started dating Jason and I signed it the day I met Calum.

I walked in and as soon as I was inside I felt the sharpest pain on my leg making me scream and fall to the ground as tears fell down my face immediately. My first thought was that it was a very bad cramp but when I opened my eyes and saw my suitcase right next to me as if it had been thrown, I knew hell had broken loose.

"The good thing about this building is that everybody minds their own business. And even if they didn't who would help a fucking whore like you, uh? You shouldn't have played me Tammy because now it's my time to play!" Jason said taking a hold of my arm and pulling back on my feet making me stumble.

"Jason..."

"Shut up!" He yelled in my face slapping me across my cheek. "You think you fuck another guy behind my back and that's it. I am not your fucking toy!"

"Jason please! Don't hurt me, I'm begging you Jason, be better than I was."

"I... am... better... than... you!" He screamed in my face as he grabbed my hair and shoved me against the wall.

I hit my head hard; I was dizzy when Jason grabbed my harm again holding me by my neck against the wall one more time. I couldn't breathe.

"My name will be the only name coming out of your mouth. My name!" He said finally letting go of me.

I fell on the floor as I tried to catch my breath. Tears were flooding my eyes. Jason could have killed me and there was nothing I could have done to stop him.

"Don't you dare leaving this house before I get back."

I heard the door close so aggressively that made me shake.

I wanted to leave. Run from this apartment and hide somewhere I'd be safe and away from him but I knew I couldn't so I stayed on the floor afraid to even move.

I was still lying on the floor when the sun started to set, the sun light dazzled my eyes and I couldn't keep them open. A lot of things came to my mind. We weren't good even before I cheated on Jason, so I tried to understand in my mind where we went wrong. Where was the exact moment we made a decision that set out lives to become a war that he always has to win by submission to his martial law?

I opened my eyes and everything seemed white.

I remember thinking about my old chemistry classes, specifically one we had on a Valentine's Day and the class was a little too excited and not paying attention to any chemical reactions.

"I understand is Valentine's Day and you're excited about it but c'mon people you need chemistry. Even love is a chemical reaction." The teacher said exhausted as everyone laughed, except Laura really quiet girl who barely ever spoke broke her silence.

"That was a good one teacher!" She said.

"No, no! This is actually true. Love can effortlessly be manufactured in a laboratory. All you need is dopamine, oxytocin and serotonin." Mrs. Dale explained as she wrote a bunch of chemical formulas on the white board behind her. "With these three reagents we can theoretically produce love in a lab."

"Can we try that Mrs. Dale?" Someone asked from the back.

"Just because you can doesn't mean you should. Chemistry isn't an exact science so you can't exactly with 100% certain predict what will happen in any reaction. By mixing these reagents, overdosing could actually lead to extreme paranoia, schizophrenia and insanity."

Overdosing could actually lead to extreme paranoia, schizophrenia and insanity.

Maybe that's what happened.

Maybe we overdosed.