Chapter 38 - Tammy

"Can we all agree that this is the best beach we could have found?" Cecilia said as she turned her back to the sun.

I was laying next to Jason reading a book. We came to the beach while Sandra's at work. When we decided to visit Sandra we knew that she'd be working most time but this is also vacations for us and if we have the chance to come to the beach, why not?

Jason knew about Sandra and Luke's break up and honestly I'm surprised he didn't say anything mean as soon as we were alone at the hotel. Cecilia and I decided to tell him just to make sure he wouldn't make any comments about Luke in front of Sandra. Obviously I found a way to keep Jason in the dark about why the broke up... especially anything involving cheating.

"I'm getting thirsty. We really should have brought more water." I said looking for my wallet in my bag. "Do you guys want anything? I'm going to get some water."

"Just bring us water babe." Jason said with his eyes closed.

I walked to the café as the sand burned my feet at every step. As soon as I stepped onto the wooden deck I felt someone grab my arm. I was about to scream for help when I saw who was grabbing me. I quickly followed Calum, always looking back to make sure neither Jason nor Cecilia were watching.

We made our way to the café's opposite side facing away from the beach and as soon as we were away from undesired sights.

"If I had to wait for you to come and talk to me, I'd have to wait for the rest of my life!" Calum said as he stood in front of me.

"I'm sorry but I had no opportunities!" I have to admit I didn't try that hard, but looking back I actually couldn't go as I was always with the girls or Jason.

"Your best friend broke up with her boyfriend because of us and you couldn't take five minutes so we could fix the mess we created?" Calum asked with guilt in his eyes.

"There's nothing we can do..."

"Of course there is!"

"No there's not Calum! Don't you understand? He called her a cheating whore, she doesn't want to get back with him! You don't fix what's not broken." I looked at Calum and I noticed he was a little taken aback. "I'm sorry, it's just that with Jason here... it's hard!"

"I missed you..." Calum said getting closer to me.

His hand was softly placed on my waist while his other hand was holding mine.

"I missed you too Cal. I really did..." I said my hand reaching his face.

"I know!" Calum said and his lips touched mine softly, like never before. "Leave him Tammy..."

"I have to go back. I was only supposed to go get water for us." I said letting go of his hand.

"Just think about it!" He said as I walked away.

"You know that I won't..." I said looking back but deep down I knew that the impossible would cross my mind.