Chapter 31 - Tammy

Everyone was having fun. The music was cool and the drinks were cold.

Sandra and Luke were dancing and I was dancing with Jason. His hands roamed around my body in a sweet and loving way. I don't think I remember the last time we were like this.

"Are you having a good time?"Jason asked me between kisses.

"Yeah, I'm having fun." I said pulling him closer to me. It was good to have Jason like this... calm and loving when usually he is the complete opposite.

"You look beautiful tonight, do you know that?"

"Thank you! It's so nice to hear you saying things like that. You're being so sweet." I admitted as we danced across the dance floor. With every step the memory of our first date came back to my head.

My dress twirled around as Jason made me twirl around him. We had dinner together at a fancy place he insisted we should go. We had a great time and neither one of us wanted it to end so we decide to go to the club for drinks but ended up dancing around.

"I understand if you want to leave, I know it's too soon but... I really can't contain myself around you. You're too much for me to hold back!" I was speechless as those words came out of his mouth

I didn't know what to think or what to say because I felt the same. Jason was nothing but amazing to me and tonight he proved exactly that. And that we are worth the chance.

I looked into his beautiful brown eyes as I leaned to kiss him. I felt an explosion in my chest as I felt the heat of a thousand fires burning me from inside out when our lips connected. It felt like we were both motionless as the rest of the world kept moving around us. In that moment it was just us and nobody else around.

"What are we?" Jason asked me as he pulled me closer by my waist.

"We can be whatever you want. If you want me..."

"You're already mine!"

That was the night Jason and I became something. Some night's we are a couple, other nights I'm his mother and other night I become his punching bag. Stop! It's not like this... but it's hard to think something else. In fact it's hard to think when Calum's staring at me completely ignoring the girl who's trying to get his attention.

Everything was so much clearer before him. I had no doubts when it came to Jason. It was just us two and sometimes Jason's second personality, the one I never wanted to see because I knew if I got a glance of it he'd become aggressive and I'd become his target.

It took me a trip to Australia to question if that was normal or if it was something I should get used to.

Turns out that moments like this when Jason is loving and caring don't compensate for the moments he becomes his other self and turns out that my doubtless life is no longer clear as water.

Maybe I should run for the hills, but if I do I'll leave a pathway and he'll follow me... And I know he'll hurt the ones I care for and I can't let that happen.

I can't let them get hurt because of me.

I can't let him get hurt because of me.