Chapter 7 - Calum

"That's easy! Turquoise!"

"Turquoise..." I repeated her answer almost as if I could taste it and savor it on my tongue. "Why couldn't you just say blue?"

"You're such a guy! Turquoise is different than just blue, besides it sounds fancier!" I laughed along with her as we danced, in fact as she danced because I was too distracted by her to dance. "What's your favorite color?"

What's my favorite color?

"Let me guess! Anything but pink..." She smirked lacing her hands with mine. If I was having issues about choosing my own favorite color, right now I can't even remember more than three or four colors.

"I'm not the kind of guy to believe that pink is a girl exclusive color. I'd say anything but yellow!" I said anticipating her next question.

"Why anything except yellow?" She asked, as I predicted, stopping on her tracks.

"When I was kid I heard that yellow was the color of the desperate. Like when people are desperate they tend to go for yellow. And also that yellow attracted bees. I'm terrified of bees. If that's true or not I have no idea." I said coming clean about my hate for that dreadful color.

She was staring at me, not saying a word. What is she thinking?

"That's the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard!" She said bursting into laugh and blowing away my fears.

"Speaks the girl who likes turquoise because blue is too mainstream for her!" I laughed twirling her around making her laugh. I wonder if that Jason guy makes her laugh just by talking about her favorite color. And now I'm wondering why I'm wondering about what her boyfriend does or not.

"If there's anything you'll learn about me is that I don't settle for mainstream no matter what!!" She said looking at me with a warm smile.

"What else is there to learn about you?" I asked hoping to get to know her.

"Why would you want to learn about me?" She asked looking at me trying to understand my curiosity.

"Why wouldn't I want to learn about you? You're nice, interesting and to be honest you're beautiful!"

I knew I should have never said what I just did but this girl makes me lose every ounce of control I have over myself. She makes me feel like something's burning inside me and she's the gasoline that makes the fire keep burning.

"Calum... you know I have a boyfriend, don't you?" She said as she stop dancing and letting go of my hands. It felt like the fire burning inside me, extinguished in a matter of seconds.

I do know you have a boyfriend, but I also know he was more than an asshole towards your best friend.

"I do know that, but why should it stop me from getting to know you, being your friend or even think you're beautiful?" I asked instead of giving her a piece of my mind.

I watched her as she looked around and then at me smiling again and her eyes shining.

"Nothing! Nothing should stop you!"

I know she's just answering my question but I can't help thinking that maybe she's not only thinking about my question, maybe there's something behind her words that I can't really put my finger on.

"Good..." I smiled taking her hands in mine as we started dancing again.

"Then what do you want to know about me?" She asked as she twirled around me.

"Everything you have to tell me..." I said longing for her words.

"Then get ready, it's about nineteen years of history!" Tammy warned me as she laughed.

"I have time. A whole month in fact!"

"Good! Then let's sit down a little, I'm getting tired!