Chapter 36 - Tammy

Sandra barely spoke all day. I knew something was wrong and it was more than serious. I haven't seen Sandra like this in a while, it was like her depressive days came back to haunt her. I wanted to ask what the problem was, I wanted to help my friend but I also knew that my friends weren't very fond of Jason, so the chance of the talking in front of him at the beach was very little.

"Why do you have to go tonight?" Jason asked.

"The girls invited us. It's just a movie night, it could be fun!" I said as I tied my hair and braided it.

"I guess our idea of fun is a little different. I don't think that romantic comedies are exactly fun. But you can go." Jason said sneaking his arms around my waist. "Unless you want to stay and we could find other ways to have fun."

"As tempting as it may sound, the girls are waiting for me." I said kissing his cheek as my phone lit up with a text from the girls.

"Please don't come late."

"I won't." I said as Jason attached his lips to mine.

The way he treated me today, the way he reacted when I said I'd go with my friends... it's like we came back to the start of our relationship. If only we were like this every day...

I couldn't believe when Sandra told me. I hoped and prayed it was just a joke to set the mood for something great but I knew it was real when I saw a single tear falling across Sandra's cheek. Sandra would never betray anybody much less someone she loves so much Luke. What if this is what Calum wanted to talk to me this morning? Isn't it a great coincidence that Luke said Sandra was cheating on him with Calum when I was the one who did it? What if it's not a coincidence and Sandra is somehow paying for my mistakes? What am I going to do?

"Maybe we should wait for Luke." Ashton said as we all turned to Sandra.

"He's not coming." She said keeping her eyes on the television.

"What the fuck? Why not? I'm gonna call him to get his ass over here!" I hear Ashton say.

"No Ashton! Don't..." Sandra said and I looked at Cecilia. We both knew it was time to let the truth come out.

"Why not?" Ashton asked.

"You'll have to tell them at some point..." Tammy I said knowing there's nothing else she could do.

She toke a deep breath and

"We're not together anymore."

"You're joking but good try though! You we're perfectly fine last night!" How could Ashton completely ignore her... although he had the exactly same reaction I did.

"Ashton it happened after we left the café!"

"You're shitting me! What could be wrong with you two? You're so in love with each other, there's no way you'd break up..."

"Luke thinks I fucked someone else! There! Are you happy?" Sandra said running out of the living room towards the kitchen.

Watching my best friend broken hearted is in fact heart breaking and I wish I could do something other than hoping that I didn't cause this shit.