Chapter 41 - Tammy

We were sitting at one the tables at the crowded pizzeria waiting for our order.

"Did something happen?"

I was going to say nothing happened but Calum reached for my hand and I looked into his eyes. I couldn't lie to him.

"I'm not even sure if I want to know but you need to leave him Tammy. He's not good to you. I can tell the state of anxiety you get whenever he's mentioned, I know you fear him and I know that he might say he loves you and that he's sorry every time he hurts you but he doesn't. And he's going to hurt you again and you have to break the circle. Let me help you!" Calum said holding both of my hands.

"I push you away, I force you to make promises that you don't want, I even tell you that we don't have any chances but for some reason you keep coming back and you don't give up on me." I said not taking my eyes off of our hands. "Why?"

"I don't know. I really don't Tammy but... I'll never give up on you. We may not have a chance but you still deserve better than him."

Suddenly the whole restaurant fell in a deathful silence, or so it seemed. I didn't know what to say, I didn't know what to do.

"You have a golden heart... and I'm afraid I'll turn it blue"

"What do you mean?"

"Here are your pizzas! Sorry it took so long. One of our ovens broke down and we're only working with one tonight. Enjoy your night!" The girl said placing the pizza boxes in front of us.

We thanked her and each of us grabbed two boxes and we walked back to the car.

I sat on the passage seat and Calum handed me his boxes before climbing in.

"I'll tell you what, you can pick the radio and if you want to talk I'm right here, how does that sound?"

"Great! It sounds amazing." I said looking at him and taking his hand in mine bringing it to my lips to kiss it.

Calum let go of my hand to turn on the ignition and as soon we were on our way to Sandra's house his hand was holding mine resting on my legs.