Chapter 27 - Tammy

The storm would arrive any minute, I felt it and I was terrified. I spent the last week worrying about today. I know I haven't behaved like a girl who has a boyfriend and maybe because of that I've been building up anxiety knowing that what was coming my way was even worse than ever because he would find out one way or another.

Sandra took the day off to come with me and Cecilia to the airport to pick up Jason they were both goofing and singing while Sandra drove and I felt like screaming as I had to pretend to be super excited to be back with my boyfriend. Sandra knew I wasn't, she knew about me and Calum on New Year's Eve but she had no idea how he made me feel, she had no idea I was falling for him. And Cecilia simply didn't know about anything and I wanted to keep everything this way, it is bad enough that Calum is in the middle of this mess.

I kept looking back and forth between the arrival panel and the gate waiting to see him wondering if he'd still be mad at me but when I looked back at the gate... there was the storm.

I put on a smile but I felt like I was trapped and I had nowhere to hide making me wish I could go back to any moment with Calum when I was wrapped in his arms or holding his hands, the ones that never hurt me.

"Maybe you should run to him or something, you know? You're supposed to be in love with him!" Sandra said sarcastically in my hear as I realized I was still standing still with a fake smile splattered on my face.

We walked to him as I led the way wishing I could ship him back somewhere far away from me.

"Hi sexy thing!" Jason said pulling me to him to hug me. At least he seems to be in a good mood. "Miss me much?"

"Of course I did! I've been counting the days!" I said telling the biggest lie and the most honest truth I've ever told.

"Hi Cecilia, hi Sandra!" Jason said letting go of me and walk girls giving me space to breath. "Haven't talked to you since forever!" I heard him tell Sandra

"Yeah! It's been a while..." Sandra said smiling. "What if we get going? You two probably have a lot to catch up!"

"Yeah let's go!" Jason said and we all walked back to the parking lot as I came to the reality that everything is coming back to the way it was.

With Jason's arrival I feel like my heart doesn't have a heartbeat anymore, almost as if I came to life when I was away from him and now that he's here, it's like that same life was sucked out of my body... and I'm about to go back to walking in circles.