Chapter 13 - Tammy

I could feel my muscles relax under the warmth of the sun rays that caressed my skin as I lay by the sea. I could feel the wind blowing through my hair and I could hear the ocean hitting the rocks and the birds singing from afar. Everything felt like a paradise lost in the middle of our planet, away from the cruelties of men and from the problems of everyday life. Everything was calm and peaceful

I shivered the second I couldn't feel the sunrays on my skin anymore. I opened my eyes and that piece of paradise was long gone along with the sun, the wind and the sea as everything turned into all shades of grey.

I heard footsteps but every time I turned to where the sound was coming, I couldn't see anything and the sound would be coming from somewhere else. I recognized this place, it was my dorm but without the colors that used to bring life to it. I was facing the small window right next to my bed but from the corner of my eye I could see a should of someone passing back and forth in the hallway right in front of my door.

I didn't want to look much less get closer but my body had different ideas as I walked towards the shadow.

"I told you not to go, didn't I Tammy?" I heard turning around looking for the source of the sound that was now behind me.

The door was shut with a loud thud making me jump and turn around. The different of grey were replaced by a blinding white color as if I had a thousand light turned to me at the same time.

"I asked you a question Tammy" I turned back around but then again, no one could be seen. "Answer the fucking question Tammy! Tammy!"

I opened my mouth and moved my lips trying to answer but no sound would come out of my mouth.

The room started getting smaller and smaller as each second passed. I was scared the room would crush me. I'm too young and too scared to die.

"Are you sure you don't want to answer Tammy? I'm losing it, answer the fucking question Tammy!"

"Tammy"

"Tammy..."

"Tammy wake up."

"Wake up Tammy. I think you're dreaming..." I heard as I was brought back to the safe reality.

"Sorry I woke you up!" I said as soon as I opened my eyes saw Calum looking at me. Last night wasn't a dream. I really am in Australia and I'm in bed with a guy who's not Jason.

"It's alright." I said taking a deep breath.

"Are you okay?" He asked brushing my hair away from my face with his fingers.

I nodded hoping things weren't awkward between us because if that was the case then that could be a problem.

"Good morning!" Calum said to me. His voice was still raspy but his eyes showed he was awake. He smiled at me and for the first time I noticed how cute his smile was and the fact that when he smiled cute little dimples would appear too.

"Good morning!" I said and I couldn't help but to smile too.