Chapter 25 - Calum

I knew I let my guard down by coming back to her after her phone call but I don't care anymore. She needs me, otherwise she wouldn't call.

We were both sat in silence in her bed. I had my back against the headboard and Tammy's back against my chest and I admit that I wasn't very comfortable but I wouldn't trade it for it to be. Tammy stopped crying a while ago but neither of us spoke yet as I kept twirling her hair in my fingers. One thing I was sure about and that was that I couldn't just let her have me here and just let her sleep without talking to me.

"I know you're upset but I agreed to stay with you tonight because you said you'd talk to me." I said hoping it would be the start of our conversation.

"I know and I'm ready to talk but you have to promise me you won't talk to anyone or do anything about it."

"I won't..."

"Calum I mean it! I'm going to tell you everything but you can't talk about it to anyone. I will never forgive you if you do. Do you understand me?" Tammy said and I felt scared because something told me whatever she was about to tell me was much more serious than anything I thought before. "If you can't promise that then you can go. I'll be fine." She said getting away from me and standing next to the bed.

"I have no idea what I'm getting myself into but I won't. I won't talk to anybody." I said pulling her to me.

Tammy held my hand and climbed into bed again leaning on my shoulder.

"Then I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything."

"You know you're asking me to be an accomplice to a violent relationship?" I asked knowing I couldn't agree to this.

"It's not a violent relationship Calum."

"Can't you see? Didn't you hear what you just told me? He beats you, calls you names, bosses you around like you're a dog and you're telling me that's not violent relationship? Tammy he hurts you let him. I understand you're scared of him but let me help you, let us help you." I tried to get her to understand my side.

"Calum, you helped me already. You showed me that what I have isn't healthy. You gave me attention..."

"Tammy, I don't think you should take whatever I am for a model of what your boyfriend should be." I said while I thought that if this Jason appeared in front of me right now I'd give him a taste of his own medicine.

"But I don't Calum. Since I got here, you've been nothing but nice to me, you gave me attention and we've done things Jason would never consider..."

"What do you mean we've done things he'd never consider?" I asked not knowing what she meant.

She looked at me and even with the dim light from the chandelier I saw her blushing and getting all embarrassed.

"It's alright you can tell me whatever." I said pushing her.

"Well, when we were together... the first time, well you said you wanted to... you know..."

"Taste you?" I asked but it couldn't be. It just wasn't possible.

Tammy blushed even more and I'll be damned if I wasn't speechless with what she told me with her silence.

"Why?" I asked her not understanding what that guy's deal was.

"He said he'd never do it. That I'm too disgusting for that."

"Do you believe him?" I asked her taking a hold and drawing circles on the palm of her hand.

"I believed... for a while but not anymore." She said with her eyes on our hands.

"You shouldn't. You're amazing in every way and you shouldn't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself or your body. You're amazing!"

"You think so?" She asked intertwining our fingers and looking at me.

"I know so! But back to the important issue, what kind of men is he? He hurts you Tammy, you can't be with him." I said wishing I could hurt him twice as much as he hurt Tammy. "You're breaking up with him, right?"

"Honestly Calum, I have no idea. I'm afraid he won't take it well. Even while I'm here, I'm scared for you. If he finds out, I know he'll go after you and you've been good to me. I don't want you in the middle of a warzone." She said.

There were so many feelings in her voice. The pain, the fear... but her words... She cared about me. I know I care about her and I know that even though we met only days ago, I feel something about her I'm just not sure what it is but I feel the need to protect her and keep her safe.

"Right now, I would beat him up if he appeared in front of me so don't be afraid for me. You need to think about yourself. Your family, your friends, talk to them! We can all help you, you don't have to do this on your own." I lay next to her with an arm around her waist as our chests touched.

Silence settled between us. I wish I could take her from the nightmare of a relationship she's in, I wish she'd let me help her but if I tell someone she will stop trust me. And it's not about me, it's about her, she knows better than anyone she can't trust Jason so if I, a guy she barely knows break her trust she might never trust anyone again. But then again, she can't stay with an abusive boyfriend.

"Do you love Jason?" I needed to know the truth.

"I did Calum, he seemed so nice at school and he was nice to me but not anymore. If he loved me he wouldn't hurt me like this. If he loved me he'd me here instead of you. Whatever love existed between us burned out." She said throwing her arms around my chest cuddling into me.

"Don't let him hurt you Tammy, you're too good for him! Break up with him, please!" I begged her reminding every detail of the things she's done to her.

"I can't do it now. But I won't let him hurt me, I promise Calum, he won't ever touch me again."

Her hand flew to my neck until her fingers brushed my face caressing my cheek. I was so lost in her touch that I leaned into her hand wishing for her touch.

"Thank you for coming! And for listening!"

I had the worst timing but I needed her kiss more than air to breath. I cupped her cheek and looked for any signs of rejection in her eyes but there were none. Our lips touched and everything disappeared. It felt like nothing mattered, not where we were or who we were, nothing matter but her. She consumed every part of me and I let her. She tugged at my hair and I remember hearing a moan but I was so lost on her that I couldn't even tell if it was me or Tammy.

When we finally broke apart she kept looking at me and I couldn't help but to smile unable to speak.

"Thank you for being here!"