Chapter 57: Here We Go Again

Start from the beginning

We had not talked since we got off the plane; Alecie's knee bounced up and down as she became impatient.

I placed my hand on her leg, and she stopped looking at it; she grabbed my hand and intertwined it with hers.

"I love you," I said, and she nodded, turning away from me.

"Browns," the therapist yelled in the lobby; we stood up and walked over to her and into her office.

Alecie

I sat down first, and then Chris; I was always nervous coming to therapy sessions. Even though I am gone into this career, it is different when you are on the other side of therapy.

The Millie sat down and smiled, "so, how are things going?" she said, and we both looked at each other before I answered.

"Honestly....there is something that I haven't told Chris," I said and looked down.

"I saw Gabrielle, and we kinda had an altercation...." I said, and his eyes grew big.

"What kind of altercation," Dr. Millie said before Chris could answer.

"Well, I saw her in the store, and she was talking and asking for forgiveness, and I kinda... Punched her," I whispered the last part.

"Alecie! You are pregnant, and so is she; you can be fighting, are you crazy?" Chris yelled at me, and I felt like shit.

"I know! I felt like shit after I did it, but afterward... We had a talk," I said, and the room grew silent.

"What was the talk about?" Dr. Millie asked.

"You know the usual; she apologized for sleeping with him, and she said he told her he was married, and she forced herself on him. She said his father does not know that shit is pregnant and would disown her if he found out. She is just a kid; I mean, she is only nineteen. I can only imagine how scared she must be," I said, looking down at my fingers.

"Why are you crying?" Dr. Millie asked. I put my hand to my face. I did not even notice I was crying.

I do not know hormones?" I said, chuckling; she handed me a tissue before turning to Chris.

"Chris, what are your thoughts on this?" she said, and I looked up at Chris.

"I want this whole thing to be over, honestly. I wish I could take everything back." He said and shook his head.

"Well, you can't do that because what's done is done. What will it take for you all to love forward?" she asked us, and we both looked at each other.

"Well, for me... I want us to get back to normal; I mean, as normal as we could be. I want her to have my baby and for us to be like the old Chris and Alecie. You mean the world to me, and I will do whatever it takes to make this right," he said.

The room grew silent again, and they looked at me; I looked down at my ring finger. I have not worn my ring in a month.

"After seeing Gabrielle and her having a breakdown, I want us to make this work, but I don't want to live with the constant reminder that you had sex with another woman," I said, twirling my fingers.

"Ok, that is understandable, but if she is having my baby, I want to be in the baby's life. I can have him or her going to foster care because I was in foster care," he stated. I nodded my head because I understood that, but he needed to know where I am coming from.

"I don't want you not be in the child's life; that's family, but I don't know if I could love the child like I will love this one," I said, touching my stomach.