Chapter 57: Here We Go Again

Georgia

We arrived at my sister's house in record time; it felt like we had been in the car for years. I did not realize I was holding my breath until Langston stopped the car. He placed his hand on my shoulder. I smiled and looked at him.

"Thank you for doing this..." I said, and he nodded before getting out of the car; I was disappointed he did not say anything else. This whole trip has been filled with conversations between the girls and me, he would chime in whenever Jazmine or Lizzie would ask him anything, but he was cold towards me. That was the first cordial thing he had done since our fight.

I slowly got out of the car and sighed, smelling the crisp Georgia air and how the scorching sun kissed my skin. I also realized that this was the first time I had been home.

Langston had already got the girls out of the car; we both walked together with the girls to the front door. I knocked on it, but the door swung open before getting the second knock out. My beautiful sister stood there glowing as usual, and I smiled before I could even say anything; she had already engulfed me in one of the biggest hugs she had ever given me.

" Welcome Home," she whispered.

I chuckled because this had not felt like my home in years. It has never felt like home to me; the moment I had a chance to leave, I took the first thing smoking. I pulled away from our embrace and gave her a sad smile and a chuckle.

" It's good to see you too, sis," I said wholeheartedly.

She smiled, then she turned her attention to Langston, "thank you so much for bringing my Georgie down," she said, winking at him as he chuckled.

" Well, I brought your Georgie down because she has some issues that she needs to work out." He said it hurt my feelings that he would say such a thing about me like he does not have problems of his own.

My sister's smile dropped, but she still kept up with the beat; she looked down at the girls and soon to her attention to them, " well, if it isn't my beautiful niece, how are you, Lizzie, and who is this new friend of yours" she said towards Lizzie as she releases her from a hug Lizzie and Jasmine smiled. They began to let out a fit of laughter; " This is my best friend, Auntie, my best friend," Lizzie yelled, causing Summer to laugh. "Well, hello, best friend; I'm Lizzie Aunty," she said, giving her a hug. Lizzie and Jasmine began to laugh again, and they ran off to play in Lizzie's room; they have gotten really close over the past couple of months, Jasmine spends a lot of time at Shannon and Monica's house, and with them being so close in age they really hit it off.

She motioned for Langston and me to come in, and we followed her lead; she led us to the kitchen, where she had a feast for everybody.

" It's not every day that your little sister comes home, and I might have gotten a little carried away with my cooking." She said sheepishly, and I laughed because that is just like my sister; she was always the cook of the family; after our mom died, she did everything cooking, cleaning, taking me to school, and even teaching me about my period and boys.

Langston whistled while rubbing his hands together. "I'm finna tear shit up.

Summer and I laughed as he began to make him a plate

Chris

I opened the door for Alecie, and she walked in, "Thank you," she said before walking to the front desk. I watched her ass as she moved; since we had not been intimate, I made sure to sneak a peek every time. She turned around and rolled her eyes.

"Can you stop staring at my ass?" she said, pushing me and checking us in.

We sat in the lobby and waited; our silence was the only thing that filled the air between us.