Chapter 19 : The Wait

A/N : First I just want y'all to know that it takes five business days for a DNA test to come back, I don't want to wait because I'm impatient and want the results now just like some of y'all plus it's a made up story any way so yeah that's all I wanted to say

_____

Langston

I sat Jasmine in my lap, and we waited for the doctor; you know what's fucked up? Jasmine hasn't gone to Tasha once, and Tasha doesn't seem too concerned about her daughter either.

"So when we find out you're the dad, are you going to make an honest woman out of me," she said, and if she wasn't so crazy, I would have laughed at this, but all this does is make me sick.

"Tasha, you haven't been honest why start now," I said, and she pouted.

"Langston, why don't you just admit that you miss me and the things we used to do," she said, moving her hand down my chest. I grabbed her hand.

"To be completed honest with you I don't miss it because i can't remember it; the only thing i remember is getting that restraining order on you." I said, throwing her hand; she sighed and rolled her eyes, sitting back.

"Whatever," she said, picking her nail. I shook my head.

Jasmine looked at me with her big eyes; she lifted herself up using my shirt. She stood in my lap, and I helped hold her up so she wouldn't fall.

She started playing with my face again, smiling at her one tooth.

The door opens, and the doctor walks in; he smiles at us and sits his kit down.

"Sorry, we're busy today, so who am I swabbing," he said.

"Me and her," I said, pointing to Jasmine; he smiled.

"Well hello there beautiful," he said and played with her hand.

She smiled and laughed; the doctors smiled back and stood up.

"Okay, why don't you guys sit on the table and we'll get it started," he said, patting the seat.

I stood up and walked over to the table; after sitting down, I adjusted Jasmine in my lap, and the doctors swabbed my mouth and placed it in a bag. Then we moved to Jasmine, who was more challenging, but we did it after playing with her.

"Okay, so I'm going to send the results off, and they should be back in the next few days; you can come to pick them up then," he said, and I stood up, shaking his hand.

"Thanks, doc," I said; he smiled, nodding.

"No problem," he said, waving and walking out of the room.

"Okay, now what, you wanna go out somewhere or something else," Tasha said, and I gave her a Dick look.

I handed her Jasmine, and she took her, placing her on the ground, "You are going to go take care of your daughter," I said and walked out of the room.

She followed me, talking about things I didn't care anything about; everyone got up when I got to the lobby.

"Well?" Alecie said, "I have to wait till a few days," I said, and she nodded.

"Well, as fun as this was, I have things to do," Tasha said and grabbed Jasmine, forcefully pulling her.

"Oh no, she is not taking her anywhere. I think it's best if she stays with us," Mo said, and I looked at her.

"Why, that's her daughter; she can take her," I said, and Mo glared at me.

"I agree with Mo," Alecie said, waking over to Tasha, "Listen, how about we take her until the results get here, and that way, you can have a break? You look tired, girl," Alecie said, touching Tasha's shoulder like she cared.