Chapter 54: People Talk

Alecie

I sat on the couch with my arms crossed, I looked at my watch and sighed.

"Sorry about him being late.." I said to the counselor and she nodded.

"Well we could talk until he gets here.. How are you?" she asked and I shrugged.

"I'm fine I guess you know consider all that's going on." I said and she nodded.

"Well have you and Chris talked since our last meeting" she asked and I shook my head.

"No not really... But we've been busy he has practice all day and I got to school. The kids come back tomorrow and I be there all the time, soooo no not really" I said and she nodded putting her notepad down.

"So before you guys left I asked you a question... Did you think about it anymore?" she asked and I shook my head.

"I tried not to..." I said sheepishly

She chuckled and sat her book down, "So let's refresh your memory shall we?" she said smiling causing me to roll my eyes.

"How did you guys get here?" she said and I rolled my eyes again.

"because.... Chris cheated" I said like it was the simplest thing in the world.

Millie smiled (can't remember if I named the counselor ).

"No baby, cheating starts way before the actually act. Things led up to cheating; fights, arguments, distance, no sex." she said with a chuckled, "Something's sparks triggering a domino effect of little things and then the last domino falls" she said and I nodded my head.

"Tell me about you Mrs. Alecie I wanted know the you before Chris. I know you now the woman before me but I wanna know the woman that you were before you met Chris." she said and I sighed

I paused and opened my mouth but no words came out... I hated having to tell my story because every time I told it was another time that had to re live it.

I stood up and walked around, I looked at Millie and shook my head before I began.

"I was 7..."

Georgia
I laid there and I bit my lip all I could think about was what if my grandmother dies and I'm not there even after everything she is my grandmother..

Langston came and sat beside me, he placed his hand on my knee.

"You know Jasmine's birthday is coming up" he said and Georgia lit up.

"Aww she be what? 2" I said and Langston nodded.

"3, and I was thinking of taking her to six flags, you know the one in Georgia " he said and I looked at him and then back at my hands

"I mean I know you been thinking about going... Let me come with you let us come with you. You're family now girl you can't get rid of us." he said and I chuckled wiping my face.

"Okay... Let do it" I said and got up, he smiles and got up hugging me lifting me off the ground a little. I smiled and kissed him, it was a quick one but it was earth shattering.

Langston

I felt myself tingle all over and I put her down, she looked in my eyes and I brought her back for another kiss. She wrapped her arms around my neck as I lifted her off the ground again. She moaned when her feet were off the ground and wrapped them around my waist. I moved from her lips and devoured her neck causing her to let out a small gasp. Before she could exhale I had her against the wall and my lips were back on her lips, she needed air, she needed less clothing, but she couldn't Move. She pushed me away and dropped to her feet.

Georgia
I pushed him away and sat down, "I can't do this.."

Langston scoffed, "Do What? Huh because frankly I don't know what's going on! I mean one minute we're fighting, one minute were sneaking off to make out. Then you wanna be friends but you and I both know we are more than that" he said

"Ok Langston you know what I can't do this because it's all a lie! You lied to be from the start! frankly I don't want to fall in love with you because I know in the end I'll have either two things; a broken heart or a baby! Maybe both and I don't want another man to walk out my life it will shatter me! I was going to play you like you were playing me the whole time but I can't keep up this facade because even though I have tired my heart wants me to go all in but my brain is telling me to play it safe." she said and Langston's mouth dropped, he shook his head and grabbed his hat.

"The funny thing is I called that bet off I'll say a week or two after meeting you, the real you. I've been putting myself or whatever I have left into this; I didn't have much left in me to give to another human being because I never tried I fucked and ducked and I never stopped but then I meet you. I will admit that I fucked up with that bet and from the bottom of my heart I am truly sorry, but I pushed away because I knew I couldn't be the man you needed. That's when I knew I loved you because you made me want to be a better man, then  life hit me with a daughter and everything came to a halt my life was failing apart but you pick it up with me you were there and you had a daughter so I saw how you were with Lizzie and Jasmine and I was like I know that I want this woman in my life forever.... Im not going to keep trying" he said and grabbed his keys

Monique
*Middle of the Night *
I gasped in pain as I was woken out of my sleep, I groaned and got up going to the bathroom. I turned the light on and soon felt something wet on my feet, I screamed causing Justin to bolt up in fear. He rushed to me and he saw the blood, "Oh my God! We gotta go to hospital! Something's wrong Justin hurry up!" I said frantically