My Breath

"Today once again Team India will walk into the ground to play their 3rd match of World Cup against New Zealand in Adelaide Oval stadium. India's performance by far has been very disappointing and totally unexpected. They lost both the league matches played in Sydney." Arohi sat glued at her place infront of TV covering herself with a blanket. She sent a prayer to God to make Arjun victorious this time.

The other commentator started grabbing her attention "Today's match is a very crucial one for Arjun and company. To secure their place in this tournament they need to win all three matches from here. New Zealand has come across as a remarkable team. They have won their both matches and today also they are going to step on the ground willing to continue their winning streak"

"Let's see how this match turns out but odds are definitely in favor of Kiwis"–"Over to the field. Now is the time for toss"

Arohi sat straightened as Arjun appeared on his screen wearing India's jersey. New Zealand's captain tossed the coin. The toss was won by New Zealand and they decided to bowl first.

"Hey Arjun"–"Batting first. Happy? Sad?"

He smiled greeting him "I think the weather is great for batting first"

"What is going in your mind today? Two losses in a row. This one's a do or die match"

"yeah! We have had a rough tournament so far but in cricket you never know when odds turn in your favor. We have left the last two matches in past, obviously we learned from our mistakes committed in them. It's a new match and we are more than ready for this"

"Well, Best of luck"–"we heard both captains speaking. Both of them quite optimistic about their win. That's it from here"

The match started after twenty minutes. A new zeal could be seen in Indian players. Each player was giving his best. Team managed to score a grand total of 275 runs for 4 wickets with Jai and Arjun as top scorers. Both of them made 102 and 88* respectively.

Now it was New Zealand's turn to bat. India's first breakthrough came a little late in 8th over but after that New Zealand started losing wickets quickly. It looked like India was back into their form. As India took their last wicket in 42nd over, camera panned onto Arjun who had solemn expression on his face. He clutched his t shirt over his chest and ran towards the team. He shook his hands with players of New Zealand team.

Arohi closed her eyes with tears of happiness brimming in them. She could feel the happiness reflecting on his face.

India went on to win other two matches as well diving straight into quarterfinals. Keeping their winning streak alive they won all three matches in their as well getting their spot in semi finals.

"Tomorrow is the final match to be played between India and Australia in Sydney. Australia being the defending champions and with their home advantage are looking more strong. But with their heroic comeback India is a favorite."

Arjun changed the challenge to some music channel where Shawn Mendis was performing. "No news or statistics before the big game tomorrow boys!"

"Aye Aye Captain" they all hummed in response making Arjun shook his head.

After dinner everyone went back to their rooms so they are well rested for the finals. Wishing his good nights Arjun stepped into his room and sat on the chair beside bed. He was holding it very well but inside he was extremely nervous. He wished he could talk to Arohi. They never had any conversation after that night. Arohi made him cut himself from outside world for the remaining duration of tournament. He had given his mobile to Romit and now he wished to take it back to just talk for 2 minutes to Arohi. God! He sighed and turned towards the table. Opening the table he pulled out a mini notepad and a pen. During one their movie nights, the guy in the movie wrote notes for her girlfriend every day and Arohi was quite fascinated by the idea. So he decided if he can't talk to her, he can write to her and give her afterwards right after he clears out the mess. Once he is back in Delhi, he is going to talk to Arohi–listen to her side of story and then talk to his dad–morelike fight with him. And when all the drama is over, he is going to take Arohi on their first date. He has it all planned in his head.