The Engagement

It had been only 20 minutes but Arohi felt she had been sitting there for centuries. With some sticky paste applied on her face and with her hair irritably wet she was feeling very annoyed.

"Shefu for how much more time I have to sit like this?" she asked but only to be shushed by her dear friend...

"Don't speak. U have to sit for few minutes, the paste hasn't dried fully yet"

Arohi sighed and then she felt someone holding her hands..."now what else are u doing to me?"

Shefali chuckled "they are doing ur manicure and they will do ur pedicure...after that waxing"

"Shefu...there is no need of so much"

"how can u say that...it's ur engagement...u have to look best today" "now sit straight and relax ur body...no more complaints..."

Arohi humphed "why can't u all stop making such a big deal out of this day!!" she mumbled...

"omg Aru...u look gorgeous" Shefali and Prachi together exclaimed.

Arohi smiled staring at herself...for a moment she couldn't recognize herself. She was wearing a baby pink lehanga chosen by his mother along with a heavy choker and dangling earrings her hair were left open but unlike her naturally straight hair they were softly curled at ends

"I look so different and..."

"beautiful" Shefali whispered completing her sentence..."I am sure Jija ji is going to have hard time controlling himself.."

The mention of him was enough to spoil her mood...her smile slipped from her face..

Engagement was a very private and small affair so it was taking place in Ahluwalia house only. Once the wedding date will be decided, Singhanias were planning to throw a party to officially introduce her to world as Arjun Singhania's fiance..She felt so sick thinking about that. After how their last meeting went and all the insulting words he hurled at her she didn't even want to see his face let alone this engagement but no she herself has jumped into well and no one...absolutely NO ONE can save her from drowning. She closed her eyes heaving a sigh and waited for someone to come from downstairs and take her to her own barabadi!

The only good thing about today was she was looking beautiful as she hardly ever apply makeup or put some effort in dressing up so this all new up-do was making her look different.

No one would have ever decked up so much for their barbadi..she chuckled at her own joke. Thank god there was no one to witness otherwise they would have declared her psycho for laughing alone.

The door of her room opened, Shefali and Prachi with dreamy smile on their faces..so the monster is here! she thought looking at their faces...

"omg Aru, he is looking so handsome! U r so lucky" Prachi chided..only if she could tell her what hides behind that handsome face of his!!

Shefali sighed dramatically "U are stealing our dream boy from us...Girls are going to hate u so much"

She rolled her eyes at her two best friends..."I can happily step down for any of u after all sisters before misters..." she winked earning a laughter from both of them...

"I have sent u both to bring Arohi down and here u are chatting with her" Arohi's bua came mockingly scolding them..."come on take her fast...everyone is waiting for her"

They both helped Arohi to standup for which she was grateful. If she had to walk on her own she would have fallen flat on her face because of sky high heels she wearing.

Everyone was in her awe as she entered hall...everyone's eyes were fixed on her and she felt little uncomfortable on getting so much attention...her dad came in front of her and kissed her forehead..."u are looking beautiful beta"