The Party

Arohi was really feeling agitated as tonight she was going to be introduced as Arjun Singhania's bride to be. She was feeling very nervous. The news of Arjun's engagement had been out and there had been a lot of speculations about her but there was no official statement till now.

A party was held at Singhania mansion tonight and in that party the big announcement will be made and for the first time she will come in front of world as Arjun Singhania's fiance.

She was wearing a very beautiful coffee colored Anarkali which she had accessorized with long ear rings and her engagement ring was shining brightly in her hand.

She continued walking to and fro in her room till her father's voice came asking her to come down as it was finally time to leave. She took a deep breath, glanced herself in mirror for last time and walked downstairs. Finally she was stepping in Arjun's world.

There is no backing down now, Arohi!

She was totally awed by the exquisite decorations. Singhania mansion was a master piece in itself. Arjun's parents greeted them at entrance. Mr. Singhania gave ber a shirt acknowledging nod while Mrs. Singhania gave her a motherly hug which she welcomed with her whole heart.

"U r looking so beautiful" she complimented making her blush.

Suddenly there was a lot of chaos. She turned to know the reason and the reason just walked in her direction. The brat has come to spoil the good moment she was having. But wait why he was coming like a guest to his own party?

He came and greeted her father and brother and also gave her momentarily glance.

"Good that u r here by time, Arjun" Mr. Singhania taunted him with a smile.

Arjun gave him the same sly smile "had to be father! After all it's big day. Whole world will know about my wife" he snickered looking at her.

"Right! As I guess everyone is here so we should make the awaited announcement" Rudra smiled and lead them to center of hall.

Both Arjun and Arohi were made to stand next to each other.

"hey Baby elephant!" he said keeping his eyes focused in front. His signature arrogant smirk playing on his lips.

She leaned a bit towards him keeping her eyes focusing in front as well "Remember last time u called me that" she said referencing to how she poked her heel on his foot.

"ur threats won't change truth JUMBO!'

She flared her nose and turned glaring at him but tinkling of glass by Rudra grabbed their attention before they could even indulge in glaring match.

"Ladies and Gentlemen! May I have ur attention please Thank u everyone for taking out time from ur schedules and joining us here tonight."

"come on Dad! Get done with it already!" he murmured under his breath keeping a fake smile on his face.

"I feel very happy to introduce u all to my daughter in law and Arjun's fiance...Arohi Ahluwalia"

Everyone cheered for the new couple while there were few girls who gave envious looks to Arohi but she wasn't bothered by any of them. She was bothered by the devil's hand on her waist.

"Stop wiggling Jumbo. What will everyone think and our pics won't come out good!"

"Stop calling me Jumbo! U monster" She gritted her teeth.

Rudra interrupted once again "Arjun-Arohi come cut the cake"

With forced smile plastered on their faces both of them moved towards Rudra. A three layered chocolate cake was presented before them. Rudra handed Arohi knife and gestured them to cut cake.

Arjun smugly smiled at Arohi and held her hand in tight hold and leaned on her to cut cake. Everyone cheered for them...

''To the new beginnings" Rudra spoke raising the toast.

"It's going to be fun!" he whispered in her ear making her eyes roll.

She stepped aside and fed him thewhole piece of cake vehemently "ur faltu ki dhamkis, don't scare me anymore" she sweetly smiled at him. (Useless threats)

Later on she introduced to an army of people individually. She couldn't even remember who was who but she do remember the snide looks given by most of the female population. They don't even know what hides behind that handsome face. Maybe then they won't be this jealous.

Arghhh! She needs to stop calling him handsome!

After party everyone was sitting in living room of Singhania mansion discussing about wedding date. Arjun was sitting beside her. "Ab bhi mna krdo mauka h" she rolled her eyes "I can't!" (There's still time. Say no)

"yeah! Why would u..."

"Yes! I am a gold digger! Now shut up!"

Arjun narrowed his eyes at her and then looked away murmuring something to himself.

As elders were busy in their own discussions Arohi leaned back feeling bored "can I ask u something?"

Arjun looked at her with surprised smile "Meri haan ya na se kuch farak pdta h?"(Does my yes or no matter)

She groaned "anyway I wanted to ask tum apne hi ghr me guest ki trh kyu aaye?"( Why did u come to ur own house as guest?)

"I don't stay here...this is not my house" he replied scrolling through his twitter..."man people are going crazy over the news of my engagement!"

"What do u mean?"

"I mean see I am trending #ArjunSinghania. Everybody is talking about this engagement."

"No I am asking what do u mean by this is not ur house?"

Arjun stared at her "u seriously don't know? I stay like 15 kms away from this place. Golf Links!"

She shook her head in denial totally stunned by new revelation..."U don't stay here with ur parents?" she asked with her eyes opened wide.

A smirk formed on his lips "yes, my sweetheart! U are going to stay with me ALONE." He winked "I hope now all my faltu ki dhamkis are making some sense"

She gulped audibly.