Challenge: Day 3

Arohi frowned as Dolly placed a white box with red ribbon on her right. Opening it she found a brand new iPhone X inside it.

"Dolly ji, what is this?"

"Arjun Sir gave me this to give it to you" she replied and continued doing her work.

Anger flared her nostrils "where is he?" She inquired about him.

"In study"

Picking up the box Arohi marched towards study and without knocking entered inside. He looked up at her while reading some papers.

"Ever heard of knocking?" He asked sarcastically.

She rolled her eyes and slammed the box in front of her "I don't need it"

Closing the file he leaned back on chair "I am not giving u a gift. It's just compensation"

Arohi folded her arms "I will get my mobile repaired. Ur compensation is not required"

"Stop being stubborn" he gritted his teeth "Ur mobile is beyond repairable. It broke because of stupid fight between us and any NICE person will compensate for it"

"Uh stop it. We both know u are not that nice person" she scoffed "all this is facade for winning that challenge. So save it, Captain" she turned and walked away.

Holding the knob she was about to open door but his hand pushed the door. Grabbing her elbow he swiftly turned her to face him.

He sobered up his angry face and started speaking "I haven't got this mobile to humiliate u. It was my fault ur old mobile broke. Keep it. I have also saved my number in it for any emergency" he kept the box in her hand and stepped back.

Arohi was in shock. Quite literally in shock. She came out of shock due to loud bang of door as Arjun left from there.

She went to her room and looked at mobile. She recalled his words still in shock over his behavior. One thing she is sure..if Arjun Singhania won't have been a cricketer then definitely he would have been an actor.

Navigating mobile she checked the contacts and indeed he had saved his number under name: "Sexy Beast"

She rolled her eyes and edited his name to "Ugly Beast"

An evil plan formed in her mind to annoy him for the day.

*****

"Hello.. who's this?" His manly voice vibrated in her ears. She grinned and replied "What kind of husband doesn't have his wife's number?"

She imagined him rolling his eyes "Yes Arohi. What is it?"

"What a cold greeting, Captain!"

Before he could reply Arohi spoke again "Anyway I just called to check on u. I am such a caring wife"

"Check on me?"

"Yeah" she batted her eyes even though he couldn't see her "so how are you?"

"I am fine, Arohi. I am in middle of practice so I'll talk to u later" he disconnected the call before she could say anything.

Right after 10 minutes she called him again.

"It's too hot, Captain. I called to remind u to drink water"

"Yes wife, I will remember to drink water. Anything else?"

"No. Bye" she hung the call and chuckled.

After 10 minutes she excused herself from the lecture and called him.

"You patted Tobby before leaving? He gets really sad if u don't" she spoke with really concerned and sad voice.

"Tobby? Who?"

"Tobby our dog"

"We don't have a dog, Arohi!" He was gritting his teeth. "And who names a dog Tobby!"

"He is my imaginary dog. I can call him anything"

"Don't call me next time"

"Have fun practicing. Bye" she pushed mobile in her pocket and walked back in class.

10 minutes later...

"What are you doing?"

"What is wrong with you? Don't u attend classes in college?"

"Just got done with classes..u drank water?"

"Yes I did. Stop calling me" and call was disconnected.

10 minutes later...

"The number you are trying to call is currently switched off"

Arohi chuckled. Because of her terror Arjun Singhania switched off his mobile.

****

Sitting in the hall she was waiting for Arjun while constantly trying to call him but his number was coming out of reach.

The door opened and Arjun matched towards her throwing his mobile in front of her.

"Arjun, I have been trying to call u from so long"

"Why are u calling me again and again?"

Arohi smiled "I wanted to know if u left academy or not"

"And why?" He gritted his teeth.

Arohi held his mouth between her thumb and index finger "offo..u should not grit your teeth like this. Bad habits"

"U will tell me about bad habits" he pushed her hand away.

Arohi's eyes twinkled as one more line and she will win.

"Of course u will. U r my wife" he patted her cheek "and dear wife, a little advice. Do as much you can withstand after end of this challenge." He again patted her cheek. Picking his mobile he strode upstairs leaving her fuming.