Feelings

Arjun returned late that evening and found Arohi sitting on couch. AVOID. His mind ordered but his heart was already stepping towards her. He doesn't know what has happened to him! After a hectic day all he wanted to do was sleep but now he wanted to sit with her and chat about anything. Wanted to tell her about his day, ask about hers and so on. He was surprised at his chain of thoughts.

"Captain! Thank God, you are here!" Arohi brought him back to reality.

Arjun took seat next to her "your tone suggests you were waiting for me"

She nodded like an obedient child "I got you a gift" she grinned.

"Wow" he was genuinely surprised "that's-that's great"

She pulled a neatly wrapped rectangular box from her side "I really wanted to give you a gift but what should one gift to someone who already has everything"-"so I moved from shops to shops in search of something worthy of you and then my eyes caught this" she raised the gift in front of him "it's neither something expensive nor unique...but I really liked it" she gave a teethy smile.

Arjun didn't say anything and took the box as she handed it to him and eagerly waited for him to open. He opened it and confusedly smiled looking at three laughing Buddha statues in it.

"I know it's a very ainvayyi kind of gift" she mashed her lips "but I wanted to give you something that in addition to being pretty also had a meaning"

She took the box from his hands and picked out one statue. Leaning forward he kept his hand on knee and rested his chin on his palm listening to her ardently as she explained the meaning behind each statue.

"So this one here with a bag in his hand..this will take all your worries and sorrows, and will help you lead a carefree and happy life"

"The one with his hands raised above with these gold nuggets. It will bring wealth and prosperity in your life."

"And the last one, holding this bowl is for abundant good luck. No obstacle come your way ever!"

She completed and stared at him for some response. When he said nothing for few minutes she dejectedly sighed "I will get you something else. I don't know what I was even thinking while buying it"

He held her hand stopping her from packing it "Arohi, I haven't received such a precious and meaningful gift ever in my life" he took the box from her hand "this is precious -and so are you" raising her hand, he pressed a kiss inside her palm "Thank You!"

Arohi's heart melted as he spoke so softly with her. He really liked her gift and she could see it in his eyes. Shifting towards him she wrapped her arms around his neck "you are welcome, Captain"

That moment was special. Really Special. Because in that moment Arjun found out who is gonna win the battle that is going on between his heart and mind from last few days. It is his heart. It is always gonna be his heart. His heart, that he has lost to this innocent vixen in his arms who has no idea about the havoc she was igniting inside him. He ruefully smiled and accepted his defeat. The defeat has never tasted so sweet before.

The next few days went on for Arjun trying to figure out Arohi's feelings towards him, which was one hell of a task. One moment Arohi was close and in another she was distant. It was hard to decipher what she felt about him. He can only think of taking things further if he will get some kind of signal, some kind of hint from Arohi but all he was getting was this anxiety. He was leaving for Australia  in less than 15 days and before that he wanted some lead from Arohi. He wanted to be sure he wasn't sailing in the boat alone.

Heaving a sigh Arjun entered inside the entertainment room where his reason for sleepless nights and troubled days was waiting for him.

"Captain, hurry" she whined.