Chapter Twenty-Two: A Separated Soul

Start from the beginning

"Shit!" I cursed under my breath, but I manged to break whatever it was. 

"You're more like Nayumi than you think." he sighed while shaking his head. 

"Nayumi wouldn't have broke her hand." I said; holding up my bruised and swollen fist. 

"Considering that's the-" he never got to finish. The light swept over me before either of us noticed it was close. 

(Nayumi POV)

        "AHHH!" I yelled in pain as if felt like someone punched me in the stomach. 

"Got her." Sakura smirked, but her eyes were still closed. I stayed still as she back away from me. 

"What the?" I exclaimed as her hand pulled a bright light from my chest. 

"That's Jade. Don't worry. She'll be fine. I even decided to make her body real. All we'll need is some of your blood, and her body will be human instead of clay. What do you say? She can live a normal life. Aging, and all." Enma whispered in my ear. 

"I'll do it." I shrugged him off me, and held my arm out. 

"Just hold up." Sakura snapped; her sweat was now turning into blood. 

"You're bleeding." I muttered. She didn't bother a response. I gasped when Sakura slammed the light into the clay body. 

"Interesting right." Enma purred as he suddenly cut my forearm. 

"Warning next time!" I hissed, and he merely chuckled. 

"Now watch as the clay takes form." he smiled. I watched. 

The clay started to take on Jade's shape, and what I saw in the middle of her forehead shocked me. 

A piece of the Necklace of Death? I knew only I could see it, so I didn't say a word. 

"Sakura. Take her back to the Great Dog Demon." Enma snapped. 

"Why me? That manegy mutt will try to rip my head off. I might end up with some disease." she muttered, but picked Jade up. I quickly grabbed her by the Necklace of Life. 

"Do anything to hurt her, and I'll be the one ripping your head off." I promised. 

"Whatever!" she snapped, but I saw fear in her eyes. 

"Leave her by the lake if you don't want to encounter the dog. He'll be there later tonight after Rin goes to bed." I told her, and released my grip. 

"Do as she says. If its a trap, then kill the girl." Enma said. 

"It's not a trap." I growled. "And before you take her anywhere, at least put some clothes on her." 

"Sakura, give her one of you kimonos." Enma sighed. 

"Fine." she growled, and then was surrounded by pink leaves. When they died down, her and Jade were gone. 

"Now, why don't you make yourself comfortable." Enma said with a smile. 

"One wrong move, and I won't hesitate to kill you." I said, then walked away. 

"If you weren't human, then you would have something to worry about." he laughed. 

(Jade POV)

        I slowly opened my eyes. I couldn't remember what happened to me, but I felt like it had something to do with Nayumi. 

"Jade? Are you okay?" Sesshomaru's worried voice met my ears. 

"Why do you sound worried?" my voice was hoarse and weak. 

"We're all worried about you!" Hychi exclaimed. 

"Hychi?" my vision was blurry, but I could mostly tell who was who. 

"I'm just glad that she's finally waking up." Kagome sighed. 

"How long.." I trailed off as I started to drift into darkness again. 

"Enma took you 3 days ago, and we found you the next day by the lake." Kiyoshi said; shaking my shoulder. 

"Nayumi!" I instantly sat up as everything came back to me. 

"What about her?" Sesshomaru asked. 

"She's still with Enma and Sakura." I said; burrying my face in my hands. 

"What?" everyone exclaimed. 

"How?" Lady Kaede asked. 

"They extracted my soul. This isn't my body." my voice was muffled, but everyone heard me. 

"It smells like you." I heard Inuyasha's gruff voice next to my ear. 

"Don't sniff me!" I exclaimed. 

"Half-breed." Sesshomaru warned. 

"Sorry, sorry." Inuyasha held his hands up defensively. 

"We need to go save her." I said; trying to stand up, but falling back to my knees. I tried again; making it outside,but falling to my stomach in the dirt. 

"Jade! You shouldn't move yet! Especially if that's not you body." Kagome reprimanded. 

"I need to help her." I whispered; dirt getting in my mouth. "Before he raises her family." 

"She made the deal?!" Hychi exclaimed. 

"Since I'm here, then I'm assuming she did." I sighed; pushing myself up to where I was sitting on my knees. 

"I'm sure she had no other choice." Kiyoshi said. 

"Yeah." I nodded, but wasn't sure. 

Having your family brought back is a tempting off. I would do anything to have my father brought back.  I thought. 

"You should go back to your time for a few." Sesshomaru suddenly said. 

"What! No!" I exclaimed. 

"You can barely walk. Go home, and rest." this one was a suggestion. It was an order. 

I glared at him, but finally nodded. "Fine." I sighed. 

"I'll be back." he said, then picked me up bridal style. 

"Hmph. I could've walked." I mumbled, but I knew it was a lie. 

"Hn." he replied. 

        Before I knew it, we were jumping into the well. 

He's faster than I remember. I thought; looking up at him. 

        "Punch me." he said as we were walking towards the shrine door. 

"What?" I asked. 

"Just do it." he sighed. 

"Um, okay." I mumbled. "OW!" I exclaimed when my fist connected with his jaw. 

"You don't have Nayumi's strength anymore, nor do you have Katana. I'll come back for you in 3 days. Don't come back through this well until then." he said, then was gone. 

"Damn, I can't even follow his movements anymore." I cursed. 

"Jade!" my mother yelled as I walked out of the shrine. 

"Mom!" tears streaked my cheeks the minutes I saw her.