Fortynine

Lilly Jennings

I've never been so scared

I've never been so scared. So much is happening. My head is all over the place. Only Michonne and Maggie know i'm pregnant. Maggie heard me crying and walked in on Michonne holding me with a pregnancy test next to us.

It's been a couple days now. The saviors showed up one night. We thought most people would live but they did something to the weapons that even with a scratch they died. It was bad. All I heard was screams and walker growls. I stayed in my room covering my ears. I didn't want to hear more people dying. Maggie came in later that day to make sure I was okay. She keeps telling me I need to tell Rick. The truth is i'm scared too. I know Rick will be nothing but loving to this baby but I don't know why i'm scared.

Rick has been off. He has good reasons. We also meet a woman who have us blueprints on how to build somethings that is going to be helpful in the future.

I'm laying on my bed looking at my stomach. I have a slight bump. Nothing I can't hide till i'm ready to tell.

"Your daddy would have loved you. He does love you. I love you. I will do anything to protect you for your whole life." I whisper then hearing the door open and look to see Michonne.

"I did that. When I had my son. Did I tell you about him?" She says and I shake my head. "Yeah. His name was Andre. Cutest little boy. But he died because My boyfriend his dad and his best friend got high and i was on a run and the camp we were at got over run and he died."

"I'm sorry."

"me too. Now go find Rick. Tell him he's going to be a grandpa."

I smile at her and go to find him. I find him on the balcony reading Carl's letter. He looks at someone below then at me.

"Hi." I say.

"Hi." He says back. "Is there something you need?"

"Yeah... Um... I need to tell you something."

"You're pregnant."

"Yeah."

He pulls me into a hug. I let a few tears fall. I feel Rick kiss my head and continue to hold me. Now that Rick knows it feels real. Even if Carl's not here, I'm happy. I still have a family.

I went to Siddiq to see if he can check on the baby. We be knew some on how to use the ultrasound machine and said that i'm around 5 weeks. I leave and go back to me room. I'm happy. I'm truly happy.

The next day people leave to meet Negan somewhere. I stayed. Enid too. Making sure people has places to hide if needed. Which was. Saviors came. We hid in the woods ready to shoot then bombs went off. They were from Oceanside.

We won. We did it. Rick and them came back. We lost some. They had a passed out Negan. I was told Rick cut his throat and wanted to save him.

All the craziness from the last couple months was gone. People going back to normal life as much as they could. Me and Maggie both trying to get ready for our babies. I miss Carl. I really do. But I'm ready for this. As ready as I can be.

I now will always have a piece of him with me. What ever this baby is in my stomach. He will still be with me.