Thirtythree

Lilly Jennings

Maggie and Carol almost died

Maggie and Carol almost died. Denise died. Carol left and now Maggie is sick. We are packing up the RV to take her to the Hilltop. Me, Carl and Enid go to the armory to get some guns. Carl is trying to get me and Enid to stay.

"Glenn's still not back. I need to be there for Maggie." I say "me and Enid need to be there for Maggie"

"I said no" Carl says

"Carl" Enid says

"Look, you were wrong before. This place isn't to big to protect. And you both need to stay back and help protect it."

"This place is ready. Most of us have been trained, you know that" Enid says "If you were worried about an attack, you wouldn't be leaving"

"You know how far the Hilltop is? You what what could happen? Those Saviors are out there. You know what they did to Denise, what they tried to do with Maggie and Carl, to Daryl, to Rosita, to Eugene. That's not happening to you, all right? I'm not going to let it."

"Carl you know there is no way in hell you are making me stay"

"Lilly"

"Carl you know I think if Maggie as a mom and Glenn as a dad and with Glenn not here I need to be with Maggie."

Carl turns around to put some ammo into a backpack. Enid walks over to the other side of the room.

"You wanna run into them, right" Enid ask Carl. "You hope they show up. Jesus, this is about getting Maggie to a doctor, but about, screw you, I'm going"

"Enid stop, just wait" Carl says and stand in front of her.

Carl cares for Enid I know that. But I always know it's not like how he cares for me. Ended had been through the same shit we have. Lost her parents was out there alone. Carl knows she knows how to fight but he doesn't want her hurt. Neither do I.

"Get out of my way. Carl" Enid says

"Just grab some pistols from the closet" Carl says "but hurry we've gotta go now"

Enid goes onto the closet and Carl closes the door and puts a chair against it to lock Enid in.

"Carl" I say

"You didn't want her going either. I can't stop you but I can stop her" he tells me.

"Carl! Lilly! Dammit" I hear Enid say trying to open the door. "Carl! Lilly! What happens if you don't come back? How am I supposed to live with that? What the hell am I supposed to do?"

"Just survive somehow" Carl says and grabs my hand so we can leave.

Me and Carl go into the RV. We leave Alexandria. I sits next to Carl holding his hand in my lap and my head on his shoulder. Maggie is on the back on a bed. Aaron is in the back with her then I see Rick go back there. Carl stands up and waits at the doorway listening in on his dad and Maggie's conversation. I stand behind him.