Fortyeight

Lilly Jennings

i'm at a campfire

i'm at a campfire. I'm by myself. Looking at the fire. I feel a presence next to me. I look over and find Carl. My eyes widen.

"Hi Lill." He says in a quiet voice.

"Carl." I say just staring at him. He's not dirty. He has both of his eyes. More blue than I remember.

"It's me Lilly."

"What... Why..."

"I had to see you."

His hands take a hold of mine. They feel the same. I look at our hands then back at him. I want to cry. Let all my tears if frustration out.

"Carl... Why are you here. Why am I seeing you."

"You are about to go through something i'm supposed to be with you for. I guess this is my way of being there for you without being there."

"You can't. You shouldn't."

"Why?"

"I need to learn how do to this by myself. No matter how much I would like you here and want you here I need to do this by myself."

"Okay."

He gives my hands a squeeze and starts to stand up but I hold onto his hands.

"Carl... Not yet."

"I don't want to. But you need it. I love you Lilly."

"I love you."

"You're going to be an amazing mom."

"I'm..."

Carl just smiles. He kisses my forehead and walks away. I put a hand on my stomach. I smile slightly.
___________________________________
Sorry it's short. also I wasn't going to have Lilly be pregnant. But after writing saying that they talked about have kids and having a little girl I decided to make her pregnant. I know i do it a lot in my stories and i'm trying not too but it's just how my stories always end up. but i am trying to write different stuff. more original stories. idk when or if those will be out but they are in the works.