Nineteen

Lilly Jennings

          Maggie and Sasha come into the barn with a man walking in behind them

          Maggie and Sasha come into the barn with a man walking in behind them. We all stand up and hold up our weapons.

"Hey. Everyone this is Aaron" Maggie says "we met him outside. He's by himself. Wee took his weapons and we took his gear"

          Daryl pats him down. Carl grabs my hand and pulls me behind him a little. I squeeze his hand to reassure him.

"Hi" this Aaron guy says

          Judith starts crying so Rick hands her to Carl and she calms down.

"It's nice to meet you" Aaron says

"You said he had a weapon" Rick says Maggie hands it to him. "There something you need"

"He has a camp nearby. He wants us to audition for membership" Sasha says

"I wish there was another word" Aaron says "audition makes it sound like we're some kind of dance troupe. That's only on Friday nights"
He jokes "um, and it's not a camp. Is a community. I think you all would make valuable additions. But it's not my call. My job is to convince you all to follow me back home. I know, if I were you i wouldn't go either. Not until I knew exactly what I was getting into. Sasha can you hand Rick my pack" how does he know Ricks name. Sasha hands Rick his backpack. "Front pocket there's an envelope. There's no way I cold convince you to come with me just by talking about our community. That's why I bought those. I apologize in advance for the picture quality. We just found an old camera store last..."

"Nobody gives a shit" Daryl interrupts

"You're absolutely 100% right" Aaron says "That's the first picture I wanted to show you because nothing I say about our community will matter unless you know you'll be safe. If you join us you will be. Each panel in that wall is a 15 foot high 12 foot wide slab of solid steel framed by cold-rolled steel beams and square tubing. Nothing alive or dead gets through that without our say so. Like I said security is obviously important. In fact there's only one resource more critical to our community's survival. The people. Together we're strong. You can make us even stronger. The next picture you'll see inside the gates. Our community was first construc..."

          He was cut off by Rick punching him in the face. We were all taken back by this a little. Some go over to him to make sure he's ok. Because Rick gives a hard punch.

"So we're clear, that look wasn't a 'let's attack that man' look. It was a 'he seems like an okay guy to me' look." Michonne says to Rick

"We got to secure him." Rick then turns to me and Carl "dump his pack. Let's see what this guy really is"

"Rick" Michonne try's to get him to listen