Thirtysix

Lilly Jennings

The next morning me and Carl wake up

The next morning me and Carl wake up. My head on his bare chest both of us with no clothes on our legs tangled with each other's.

"Good morning." I hear Carl's morning voice says.

"Good morning." I smile at him.

He leaves over and presses a short kiss to my lips.

"We should get dressed before my dad or Michonne walks in." He says

I sigh and roll over on my back. Carl laughs at me. He gets out of the bed and walks into bathroom. I get out of bed but on my bra and underwear then some jeans and a tank top. Carl walks out of the bathroom with no shirt on, but pants and a new bandage.

"Nice hickey" Carl says as he walks passed me with a smirk on his face.

"I can say the same to you." I tell him.

"Your's is worse."

I walk into the bathroom and right on the side of my neck near my shoulder is a nice very clear hickey.

"Carl!" I yell then hear him laugh. "Can I barrow a flannel?"

"Yeah." He says and tosses me one.

I slip it on and roll up the sleeves because it is very big on me. I see him playing with the dart board in the room. Missing for obvious reasons. I place a hand on his shoulder. He sighs. I kiss his cheek. His dad, Michonne and come in.

"You should come with us." Rick says talking about getting more stuff for the saviors.

"Someone's got to be here for Judith." Carl says.

"There's people who want to help. We'll only be gone a few days at the most. We need supplies. They're gonna be coming back soon."

"Is this how it's gonna be now?"

"Yes. It is. You know that."

"See you in a few days."

Carl walks up to the wall and takes out all the darts from the wall. They leave the room leaving me and Carl.

"What's wrong?" I ask.

"Nothing don't worry about it." Carl tells me.

"Carl."

"It's just... I hate the saviors. We were living a fine life then dad had to go and promise Gregory that he will kill Negan but he gets the wrong fucking outpost and now Glenn and Abraham are dead."

"So are you blaming your dad?"

"No. I know he didn't mean to but. Whatever."

Carl grabs my hand and we head downstairs. He sits on a chair and I stand behind him. He's talking to Michonne.