Twentynine

Lilly Jennings

We work through the walkers

We work through the walkers. I never let go of Carl's or Jessie's hands. I'm squeezing Carl's hand tightly and he squeezes back just as tight. We stop at the pond me and Carl look out to make sure no walkers spot us.

"All right, new plan" Rick says "flares from a few guns aren't enough. To many walkers to spread out. We're not going to the armory. We need our vehicles back at the quarry. All of us drive. We'll need to round them up. We leave, we come back"

"Okay. But Judith to the quarry and back I.." Jessie says

"I'll take her." Gabriel says "keep her safe in my church until you all lead the walkers away"

"Can you do this" Michonne ask

"I'm supposed to" Gabriel answers "I have to. I will"

Carl walks over to his dad and Gabriel and they pass over Judith to under his walker gut poncho.

"Take Sam" Jessie says

"No" Sam says

"Yes Sam it'll be safer"

"I'm not leaving you"

"Sam"

"Mom I'm not. I can keep going"

"Sam"

"I can keep going. Please, please. Let's just go"

"Okay"

"I'm going to keep her safe" Gabriel tells Rick

"Thank you" Rick says

We watch Gabriel walk off with Judith. Carl grabs my hand again. Rick takes Sam's hand then Jessie grabs Carl's and I have Ron's.

It's gets dark out and kinda hard to see with only the moonlight. I'm still holding Carl's hand tightly. The all of a sudden Sam stops walking and Let's go of Ricks hand.

"Sam. Sam. Come on, Come on" Jessie says "sweetheart? Sam?"

"You can do it" Rick says "you can do it"

"Yes you can. Sam. Sam, come on" Jessie says

"Come on Sam" Rick says

"Sam, sam" Jessie says

"Sam. Hey you can do this" Ron says "Sam just look at mom"

"Honey you can do it. Sam you're gonna get, som honey I need you to come with me" Jessie says

"Sam" i say

"I need you to come with me" Jessie says

"I want too" Sam says crying

"I need you to be strong"

The 2 walkers come out of nowhere and bit Sam. My mouth drops. He's screaming "mommy" which only makes it worse. More walkers just pile into him. Jessie starts crying and screaming for her child. Carl pulls on Jessie's hand.

"Jessie" Carl says

"Jessie. Jessie" Rick says

"Jessie come with us" Carl says

"Jessie come on please" I say

"Come on, we have to go" Carl says

Walkers then get to Jessie. I notice Jessie's hand is still gripping onto Carl's.

"Dad" Carl says trying to pull his hand away

Rick takes out his axe and cuts off Jessie's hand to free Carl. He falls to the ground and I help him up. I hear a gun clock and look over at Ron he has a gun Pointed at Rick.

"You. You" Ron says

Michonne impales Ron with her katana and the gun goes off and he falls to the ground and walkers get in top of him. I look around to see if anyone was hurt and when I get to Carl I see blood where his eye should be.

"Dad" Carl says

He falls to the ground. My heart sinks from my chest and tears flood my eyes. Rick scoops him up and we Run to the infirmary. Michonne is killing the walkers in front of us as we run.

All I can think is that Carl is dead. He got shot in the eye he has to be dead. But there's a chance he could be still alive it could've not gone in his head and just his eye. I take out my knife and start to kill walkers.

We get to the infirmary and Denise opens the door and Rick lays Carl down on the Gurney. Michonne helps me take off the bedsheet along with Rick's and her own. I hold onto Carl's hand as Denise starts to work on Carl. Tears says to run down my face. I see Rick walk out the door with his axe in hand.

"Rick" Michonne says to him "Rick"

Michonne holds Carl's head still as Denise sews sutures on him.

"Ricks out there" Michonne says

"Hold on" Denise says

"He needs my help"

"Just one more suture"

"But he's out there"

"This is his son. Give me a second"

Denise finishes and Michonne kisses Carl's forehead and runs out to help Rick. Aaron and Spencer run out to help too. I start thinking that I should help.

"Denise" i say

"Go help I've got it here" she tells me

I run out the door and start to kill walkers. People start to come out if their houses to help.

"We can beat them" Rick yells "we can beat them"

So many people are out fighting. I hear some gunshots. I use my anger from Ron shooting Carl on the walkers. Then I see a big bright light. A fire coming from the center or town drawing all the walkers to it.

We all keep fighting. Till it's over. All the walkers on the ground dead again. It's morning when all the chaos is over. So many walker bodies in the ground but I'm inside with Carl who is so unconscious. I'm holding his hand looking at him.

"Carl please wake up. I need you. I really need you. Please Carl. You dad needs you and Judy and everyone else. Wake up Carl please" I say

Rick then walks in the room and I get up and leave. I wipe the tear off my face and I see Maggie and Glenn. I walk over to him and hug him. He hugs me back just as tight as I'm hugging him. I bury my face in his chest. I'm happy that he's alive and Carl will be okay soon.
_______________________________