Twentyseven

Lilly Jennings

Me and Carl are walking with Rick to teach Ron how to shoot

Me and Carl are walking with Rick to teach Ron how to shoot. We walk past Gabriel who is hanging up sighs for a prayer circle and Rick takes them down.

"Dad" Carl says

We walk to a little table.

"Handguns will be a little better for your first go" Rick tells Ron "magazine release. Slide release. Thumb safety"

"That stuff easy, right dad?" Carl says

"Yeah. Empty magazine. Empty chamber. see it?" Rick says to Ron

"Yeah" Ron says

"Someone's in front of you, they have a gun"

"You're gonna be scared. You will be" I tell Ron

"Your body's gonna tense, you won't have time to think. You're just gonna want to pull the trigger when you get it in front of you. But you'll miss, and you'll be dead. You have to get it up to your eye."

"You have to be strong enough to wait for your moment" Carl says

"Can I uh" Ron says but Rick knows what he is asking and hands him the gun

"Hey, your finger doesn't touch the trigger until you're ready to shoot" Rick says after Ron 'shoots' Rick says "keep that one with you. Get a feel of what it's like to carry one around"

"Can I shoot it" he ask " Maybe like down at the walkers"

"No with things how they are the walls are strong but we're lucky the walkers are spread out. We don't want to pull them all to one spot" Rick tells him

"Well, what about target practice in the center of town? Cause the sound will spread out in each direction. Or maybe we could use something like silencers or something like that. But uh, I mean we probably don't want to waist bullets right now huh? Just want to learn more"

"You will" Carl says

Me and Carl walk around the community. I hear gunshots and we see people trying to pull someone over the wall. It was Spencer and now Rick is definitely pissed if now. And the gunshots drew more walkers to the spot now. I see Carol with Judith then handing her to Jessie and going somewhere.

"Carl" i say

"Yeah"

"I have a feeling"

"What do you mean"

"I feel like something bad is going to happen"

Right after I say that I see green balloons and Hearing Maggie yell that it's Glenn then the wall coming down.
_______________________________