Fortyfive

Lilly Jennings

Carl has been acting weird sense we got back

Carl has been acting weird sense we got back. I don't know what is going on. He keeps saying he's fine, but I don't believe him. Something is wrong and I wish he would tell me. He's distant, but also doesn't want to let go of me or Judith. We spent the whole day with her. I didn't mind it, but it wasn't just Carl being a big brother and watching Judith it just felt, different.

Carl's been up in his room when he's not with me and Judith. He says he's fine but I really don't believe it. He locks the door. He never does that. I don't know what's going on with him, it scares me. He won't tell me anything. Other than 'I'm fine'.

It's late now. I'm helping Carl bring food to Siddiq, when Michonne walks up to us.

"Carl, Lilly." She says. "I've been looking for you. We're about ready to head out. What are you doing?"

"We're helping someone." Carl answers. "A traveler."

"In the sewer?"

There's then a big clanging sounds coming from the front gate. We all look in that direction.

"you may be wondering why the hell your lookouts didn't sound the alarm." Comes Negan's voice, sounds like it's coming from a megaphone or something. "See, we are polite. I mean, I don't know when they're gonna wake up from that kinda shot, but they should wake up. So let's just cut through the cow shit, you loose. It's over. So you're gonna line up in front of your little houses, and you're gonna work up some apologies, and then the person with the lamest one is gonna get killed." I grab onto Carl's hand. "Then I kill Rick in front of everybody, and we move on. You have three, count 'em, three minutes to open this gate, or we start bombing the shit out of you!"

"They got out." Michonne says.

"Come on." Carl says to me and Michonne and we follow him as we hear Negan whistling. "Michonne, come on!" We run over to where everyone else is. Carl start to grab stuff from the truck. "You need to make it look like we're escaping out back. Get to the woods, halfway to the quarry, and cut the lights. Get enough of a lead in them, hit them, and get away on foot. You know where we'll be. Just have to get the guns, get everyone else here, and we'll meet you there." Carl tells Rosita.

"two minutes, people!" Negan says. "Dig deep. I want these apologies to be memorable. Bonus points for creativity. Work up a poem, sing a song. I love that shit."

"Get going. There's gonna be people in the infirmary. They're gonna need your help."

"Look we got guns." Tara says, "We can fight them."

"We will, but not now. Carl's right." Rosita says.

"Carl, we can't just let them have this place." Michonne says.

"We can." Carl says. " All you need to do is survive tonight. This is my show. You said it. This is my plan, and you're gonna do it. You're all gonna do it. So let's go!"