Twentyfive

Lilly Jennings

          It's your average day in Alexandria people doing day to day things not thinking about what's going on outside the community

          It's your average day in Alexandria people doing day to day things not thinking about what's going on outside the community. We have a new doctor Denise. She's nice but not she's not a doctor for people who are sick or are injured she a psychiatrist or something like that who helps people who need help mentally I think I don't know, I only got to 6th grade.

          Me and Carl are taking Judith in a walk. He's pushing the stroller and I'm walking next to him we see Enid and Ron talking then Gabriel comes out of nowhere.

"Carl, Lilly" he says

"What" Carl says sounding annoying

"You heard what I told Deanna about your group"

"What do you want" I ask

"It was about me. Not you, or your group. I know that now. I want to help. You tried to teach me back at my church. But I'm ready to learn now" Gabriel says

"I think you need to tell everybody" Carl says

"Yeah I think you're right"

"Come by around 3, we'll start with the machete"

Carl starts to push Judith down the street again. We look over and see Rom hugging Enid. Weird because Enid isn't a touchy-feely person. Carl looks away and keeps walking.

"Why do you want to teach Gabriel how to survive" I ask Carl

"Everyone deserves a chance even if their an asshat" he says

We get back to to the house and go upstairs. We out Judy down then look out the window and see people getting killed by people who got into the community. Carl and I grab guns that we have been keeping in the house and run downstairs.

"We saw form upstairs they're coming from all over" I tell Carol as we get downstairs.

"You have to stay here and keep Judith safe" she tells us and runs out the house.

Carl grabs my hand and holds it tightly. We stand by windows and walk around the house waiting if anyone comes in. We hear rattling and head to the back door. It ends up just being Enid.

"Why didn't you just knock" Carl says and closes the door

"I have theses. Didn't want them to have them" She says and hands me the keys she had. "And I wanted to say goodbye"

"Okay, watch the back door. Tell me if you see them coming" Carl says

"I'm not staying"

"You're not going anywhere" I say "sit down. You're helping us protect Judith"

"They're not getting inside this house" Carl says

We all sit back to back in the floor in the kitchen.

"We're not gonna let them" I say in a low voice

"Did you see them" Carl ask Enid

"They're just people" she says "this place is to big to protect. There are to many blind spots. That's how we were able to.."

"They got in the walls, but they're gonna die. All of them" Carl says

"Don't tell us goodbye" I say and pull me knees up to my chest

"Okay, I won't" Enid says

I hold Carl's hand as we sit in silence in the kitchen floor. We hear people screaming trying to get away and the a plaid horn blaring after gun shots. Then it stops after a long while. I hold tighter onto Carl's hand.

Enid told us the people have W's on their foreheads in blood. Carl looks out the window and sees Rom he stands up and shoots in the leg the person going to attack Ron.

The person pleads at Carl not to kill him. He grabs Carl but Carl shoots him and kills him.

"Come inside. I can keep you safe" Carl says to Ron

"No" Rom says and runs off

"Carl come on" I say so Carl gets inside and safe.

He runs inside and closes and locks the door. Me and Carl go upstairs to check on Judith. Still sound asleep. I don't know how but she is. I'm so thankful she's okay. Me and Carl take a deep breath and walk back downstairs. We can't find Enid but we found a note with 3 words in it.

Just Survive Somehow.
_______________________________