Chapter 47:Meeting Of The Guilds

Start from the beginning

Lucy's eyes noticed the blond spikes and messy raven hair instantly. "Sting? Rogue?" She asked. The chatter from the seven stopped when she called out their names. The twin dragons turned around, but as if in slow-motion, it seemed as if they took hours to turn their necks. 

"Hey, it's the blondie that destroyed Sabertooth!" Sting blurted out. The other five craned their heads to face Lucy. The muscular guy had his veins bulging in his arms, while the other scrawny guy had three tick-marks on his head and a twitchy forced smile that was on from the previous conversation. The two Exeeds were standing back while the pale-skinned woman tried to stay away from the the two outrageous men who now had a dark aura seeping out of them.

Lucy sweatdropped, once again, as she backed away. "Hey, Sting, Rogue." She said, evaluating what Sting blurted out, 'Hey, it's the blondie that destroyed Sabertooth!' She realized that she never told them her name properly. The only time she remembered them hearing it was when the rubble of the roof fell on her. "And by the way, my name is Lucy, you know." 

"Yeah, yeah." Sting waved his hand in dismissal. "It took a long time to clean up the mess you made, y'know." He said, huffing a puff of air.

Lucy hunched over, sighing, "Is that so?" She tried to ignore the demon glares that she was getting. Motioning her team to follow her, she took a few steps torward the 'Sabertooth' fraction of the team. Azazel, Miyuki, and Star followed a few paces behind, leaving the rest of the eight outside with the Trimens leading them inside.

"Yeah, it totally took forever. You owe me big time for this, you know." Sting exagerated.

Lucy frowned. "I already took you and Rogue out for dinner! I even paid for the meal!" She didn't have to pay, because Yajima insisted that it was on the house, but she secretly snuck a few thousand Jewel into the register while he wasn't looking.

"Oh, yeah. But you still owe me. I cleaned up after you, and that meal was to 'make up for beating us up', isn't that right?" Sting said slyly, opening one eye up to look at Lucy's expression.

"B-But that was for everything! You practically ate everything! And that took forever!" Lucy declared, when a jolt of electricity passed through her brain. "Wait, Sting..." She looked down at him, a gleam of a sparkle in her eye. Fufufu... Sting, you just said the one thing I needed.

Sting noticed the mischivious grin, and frowned. "W-What is it?"

"You just admitted that I beat you!" Lucy victoriously declared.

Sting sat up instantly, his shoulders flipping out, turning into little spikes. "N-No I didn't!"

Lucy turned, her grin turning into the Cheshire Cat's. "But isn't that what you said? 'Make up for beating us up'? Hmmm?" Lucy pressed.

"I didn't say that!"

"Oh? Then what did you say?" Lucy teased. She seemed to be enjoying Sting's expressions changing to one like a hissing cat to a flustered blush of embarressment.

"I-I-I didn't say that, alright!?"

"That's what you say, but I remember everyting," Lucy snickered. 

"I didn't say that, okay!?"

"Sure, sure." Lucy said, dismissively dropping the subject. "So, why are you here?" She asked, sitting down on the couch next to Sting and Rogue. Star sat on her shoulder, while Azazel and Miyuki sat besides her.

With a straight face, Rogue spoke. "We're here for the sme reason as you. The Magic Council asked us to get rid of this guild, Nightmare Unity."