Chapter 25: Like Déja Vu

Lucy was wide awake, her eyes narrowed at the sleeping figure who refused to get up because he was 'oh, so tired,' when they came back last night. Lucy had to carry him back because he was fast asleep, a giat snot bubble leaking out of his nose and a thin line of saliva falling out of his mouth. She just didn't have the heart to wake him up, so she just let him sleep. It just looked so cute to Lucy.

Now, she was poking his face, which seemed to look younger and softer than at first glance. Lucy didn't notice at first, but he had such a baby face. At least in softness, that is.

"Ne, Azazel. Ne, ne! Wake up!" She said softly at first, but started to raise her voice as she continued to talk. " Azazel, we'll be late for the test! Wake up, I said!" 

Finally, due to all of Lucy's efforts, Azazel sat up, a serious bed head making his hair stick out at odd angles.

He rubbed his eyes as he yawned, "Nani? What is it Lucy? It's still early..."

A large ticked-off marking appeared on Lucy's head. She grabbed the blanket and yanked it of the bed. "What do you mean, 'still early'? It's..." She looked at the time through her mind, a move she learned from Towa, the Time Dragon. This just gave her little abilities that helps in times like this and could give her a chance to turn back time, but Towa warned her that she shouldn't do it unless it was really important. "...Eleven twenty-two! We will be late for my test and I will blame it on you, unless you get up and get ready, Right now.

Azazel got up and waved his hand in front of his face as he muttered," Hai, hai." And walked out to the bathroom. Lucy sighed. 'Honestly, what am I going to do with him?' She walked out of his bedroom and down to the kitchen, where she started to make breakfast.

A few snaps of her hand and muttering a few chants later, she finished, just as Azazel walked out of the hall. "Hey, Lucy." He said as he sat down at the table where Lucy placed two plates off food. One in front to Azazel and one at the spot in front of the empty chair on the other side of the table.

"Alright, I'm going to change for the exam thing, so eat up. I think you'll need the food." Lucy walked away to her room, leaving a half-asleep Azazel with two plates of food alone. Guess who won't be eating her breakfast in a few minutes? Yeah, Lucy.

"Itadakimasu..."  He clapped his hands together and bowed. Picking up a pair of chopsticks, he dug into the bowl of rice and soup that Lucy made, devouring it in just a few seconds. Almost in a "Natsu" kind of way. And apparently, his mind was still to brain-dead that her started to eat Lucy's share too. If he was actually fully awake, he would know that Lucy would kill him if she ate her food, as he earned from living with said female for almost three years. What? A girl needs her food before she gets cranky...in some cases.

Half a second later, Azazel was flopping on the floor, like a fish out of water, gasping, then rolling under the table, and hidding. The black cloth covering him was originally supposed to be pink, because it was the only other coler he had, but Lucy pulled out this darker one here, and they both agreed that they would use that. Azazel giggled at the memory of them laughing over which color they were they were going to use.

Soft footsteps bounded down the hall he only walked out of, only a few minutes earlier. There arrived Lucy, wearing a snow white button shirt, a pair of jean shorts, and a pair of light brown combat boots. She took one look at the table and instantly noticed it was gone.

Like Déjà Vu, Lucy threw a hissy fit over her lost breakfast. She was starving. They had nothing to eat yesterday, besides breakfast, which she was sorely missing out on right now. And at that moment Azazel just remembered to say "Gochisousama" and begun chuckling as he slid up from under the table.

It was as if time froze right there, and right then for Lucy. A tear started to fill her eye, as she sunk to the ground. Azazel noticed the tear and snapped out of his sleepy trance.

"Oi." He said in a serious voice." Oi. Lucy, what's wrong? Did I do something?"

Lucy shook her head. "No, but I had a memory. It was just like what happened, exept it was with with Natsu...It was the day I was kicked out of Team Natsu..." Lucy said, her voice hollow.

"..." Azazel stayed quiet. He knew how emotional and painful it was for her to remember about the pain of being rejected by others. He was always rejected when he was younger, until Layla and Lucy came along, of course. He pat her shoulder and whispered, "I'm sorry..."