Chapter 40: Miyuki-Chan is...!

Everyone at the guild waited in anticipation as they tried to rouse Lucy so they could save Miyuki. Miyuki still had a life to live, but what about Lucy? They would loose Lucy again, never to see her smiling face for the rest of eternity. They believed that Lucy would live; But only fate would know. Either way, one of them might die. They just didn't know who.

Porlyusica brewed a little herbal concoction and coaxed it down Lucy's throat, in an attempt to awaken her. She was just about to hurry and brew another one, when Lucy gave a small cough and slowly opened her eyes. "Lucy!" The guild yelled. "You're awake! Yokatta!"

"Umm... What happened?" Lucy asked. She held her head as it throbbed in pain.

"Well," Erza said, "Azazel carried you and teleported us back to the guild since you were unconcious."

"Is that what happened?" Lucy looked at Azazel. "Thanks, Azazel."

Azazel looked away and muttered, "Don't worry about it."

"But... Ah! Miyuki-Chan! We have to save Miyuki-Chan!" Lucy sat up and tried to walk to the infirmatory where she knew Miyuki would still be.

"Ah, Lucy," Porlyusica said, "You should just rest for now. Before you and Miyuki can switch bodies, I need to prepare something."

Lucy nearly tripped when she was caught by Gray. "Hai, Porlyusica-San. I'll wait here for Miyuki-Chan."

Porlyusica gave a nod of approval and stepped upstairs to the infirmatory. The door made a slight click! sound as it closed. Gray held Lucy upright, earning a few glares from the crowd.

"Umm... Gray? Can you let me sit down now?" Lucy asked. She just felt... Tired. Her head hurt as memeories of the previous day flooded into her mind.

Gray flushed slightly, making a ruckus about putting her down, while Juvia was going on about how it should've been her, "Gray-Sama, Gray-Sama!". "Yeah, sorry about that." Gray said as he set Lucy back on the bed where she was laying just a few minutes before.

"Arigatou, Gray." Lucy simply said.

"By the way, Lucy, are you feeling well? You look kinda pale." Erza asked casually. She was genuinly concerned about her nakama's paleness. It seemed to be a sickness to her.

"I'm fine. I think it might be because of the Oracle's Temple." Lucy said quietly. Talking this much was putting a strain on her. Her throat was burning from the herbal concoction that Porlyusica had made her drink earlier.

"What did you see at the Temple? We heard you screaming at the end, Lucy." Star asked. She put a paw on her master's leg. You could see the worry in her eyes. They were bloodshot, and there were bags under her eyes.

"I..." Lucy didn't want to talk about it, but her nakama deserved to know. After all the hardships that they went through before, and they couldn't even get an answer from her? Lucy sighed. "I don't want to talk about it, but..."

"Ah, you don't have to talk about it if you don't want to, Lucy-San," Wendy said gently. She gave a small reasuring smile at Lucy and pat her head. "Ow! That hurts, Wendy!" Lucy exclaimed when Wendy's small hand touched her. Any, small or big, amount of pressure would possibly make Lucy faint again, or damage her brain.

Wendy pulled her hand back instantly, apologizing frantically. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" She bowed repeatedly and looked like she was about to cry.

Lucy just laughed it off and told her that it was okay. "Daijoubu, Wendy. It's just that my head hurts when people touch it. I would perfer it if my head wasn't touched for now."

"Hai, Lucy-San! Again, I'm sorry! But you don't have to tell us if your three challenges make you uncomfortable." Wendy bowed again and stepped backwards to where Erza was standing.