Chapter 11:Battles

"Why, hello your majesty, " Zeref said in a sarcastic tone, smiling whickedly.

Lucy gritted her teeth. "What do you want, Zeref?"

"I want you to join me."

"Never. I will never join you. You hurt me and the family that I have left now."

Zeref's smile dropped. "Is that so? Then I will have to take you by force. Dark wave!" Zeref slid his hand across the air sending a dark power at Lucy.

"That's not going to work!" Lucy yelled, trying to gather the dark energy.

Zeref grinned widely, as if he was sure that Lucy was going to fail.

"I know everything. Your family hurt you. You have no friends. Nobody cares about you. And last of all, Natsu hurt you."

Lucy gasped at the last few words that escaped his lips. It was true.

"So what? What are you going to do about it?"

"Hmm? Maybe I'll go to Fairytail and murderer him." Zeref stated, rubbing his chin in a motion to imply he was thinking.

"I won't let you do that!"

Zeref stopped for a second. Most people would cower in fear against him.' But not her, I suppose' Zeref thought. "Very well. I think it's about time to stop playing around anyway."

"Just how I want it." Lucy said, smiling. She let out the excess power and stood in a fighting stance."Just try getting past me. You won't be able to do it."

"Won't be able to get past you, huh? Let's see you try to stop me!"

Zeref ran at Lucy and chanted, "Dark wave!"

But as the dark magic was aiming for Lucy, pain errupted in Zeref's chest. Acnologia was calling him. He screamed out in pain, coughing blood.

"Alright. You win today, but next time, I will bring you with me and bathe your soul in darkness." Zeref said in a wheezy voice, as he disappeared.

Lucy stood there, trying to take in what just happened." What in the world?"