Chapter 42:The Pain Of Loss

"STING! ROGUE!" Lucy roared as she busted through the streets of Magnolia, ocasionally bumping into other people as she dragged Azazel, Miyuki, and Star all together. She was super pissed at both of them, for several reasons, actually. They killed three dragons, their foster parents and her friend, Miyuki.

Several people, as she passed, watched her flaming ambition, literally. She had a bonfire of flames surrounding her as she ran. Children pointed at her, asking, "Mama, what's that?" The mothers shushed them and told the kids not to look, even though they couldn't tear away their eyes themselves.

As she sprinted, the three she was dragging tried to calm her down, unsuccessfully. The three mages and the one dragon rounded the corner as they reached the rocky mountains where the Sabertooth guild resided. Her flaming fists pounded on the door at once, smashing it open so she could see the Sabertooth hall.

The guild members of Sabertooth stopped what they were doing instantly, and was about to pounce on Lucy, when a woman with long silky black hair stopped them. "Chotto. Who are you and why are you here?" She demanded.

The adrenaline from her anger had stopped for now, being forced to answer the question. "I am Lucy Heartfilia, from the guild Fairy Tail," Lucy growled, "And I need to see Sting and Rogue, right now!" The woman scowled at Lucy.

"Why do they have to see you?" She sneered. The guild watched on standyby, ready to protect the woman. It seems like she's an important figure here. Lucy thought. But she is quite snobby and rude.

She frowned at the woman. "They did something that was unexcusable. I need to speak to them. Now."

"Heh." The woman laughed. "If you could actually beat me, I would let you speak with the two. That is, if you beat me." She challenged.

Lucy smirked. "Okay. I accept your challenge." She followed the woman outside, where some other members of the guild followed. They walked out to the backyard, where the grounds were lush with greens.

"Oi, Lucy. I don't think this is a good idea!" Azazel tried to pursade her to not fight. She sighed and gave him a hard look. The hurt reflected in her eyes. Azazel whinced at the sad look in her eyes.

"Azazel, I've seen a lot of things, everyone's dead bodies, my father, my mother, even my little sister Michelle, dead! I don't want anyone else to feel that pain of losing one you love!" Lucy almost screamed at him. A few small tears escaped her eyes and fell to the ground.

Azazel nearly scowled. He knew how the pain felt, too. The memories of his past would always haunt him. His mother had commited suicide, and his father left the two of them practically before he was even born.

"I understand." Azazel mumbled. Lucy's face lit up. She faced him and wrapped her arms around his neck as she placed her lips on his cheek. Her mouth leaned close to his ear.

"Arigatou, Azazel!" She whispered. Azazel blushed, turning a bright red. His face was the color of a freshly scrubbed beetroot, and there was steam flowing out of his ears. He collapsed into a heap that Lucy had to asked Star to lay him under a shady tree. Well, I can't have him battle, not in that state.  Lucy chuckled, a slight blush on her face as she skipped of to the field where the lady was waiting.

"Are you done making out, yet?" The woman snickered.

"Don't get jealous because you never had a boyfriend. It's not good for you, you know?" Lucy taunted.

The woman's face flushed in rage. "How dare you!" She charged at Lucy, with what seemed to be a sphere of the universe.  Just as the sphere was about to hit her, Lucy dodged at the last second.

"My, my. Did I strike a nerve?" Lucy sneered. She was going to have fun with this one. She pulled out a golden key. "Open, Gate of the Lion! Leo!" She chanted. A light flashed around her, a puff of smoke, and then a celestial spirit.

"I got it, Lucy!" Loke cried, twisting the ring on his finger. He grinned at the woman, shouting, "Regulus Impact!" A magic circle surrounded the ring on his finger, a lion made of light flashing out at the lady.

An explosion of dust and earth flew into the sky. "Did we get her?" Lucy asked. Loke remained silent, only moving to twist his ring. As the dust cleared, Lucy saw the woman, unscathed. 

"What?" Loke sputtered. He was in shock. Not a single scratch? He turned to Lucy and bowed. "I'm sorry, Hime. I couldn't do my job."

Lucy smiled at him. "Daijoubu. It's okay, Loke. Don't worry about it. You can go back to the Celestial spirit world, noe, Loke." She waved off his apology, saying that he didn't need to. In a puff of smoke, he disappeared, leaving Lucy to the fight.

"Why you-!" The woman shouted. She launched herself at Lucy, chanting, "Niel Wielg Mion Terse Elcantaeus: Yagdo Rigora!" A blast of the demented space blasted itself at Lucy.

Thinking and acting quickly, Lucy countered with, "White Dragon's Holy Breath!" The beam of light flashed radiently, easily cutting through the blast of space, hitting the woman head-on. Rubble from before and now exploded, leaving plenty of dust and ruined matter that Lucy would never be able to name.

The guild watched in silenced shock, while several ticking minutes passed as the smoke cleared. In front of the woman, stood a man. He had spiky blond hair and chilling cold dark blue eyes, a dark expression falling over his features. He seemed really pissed.

"What are you," He roared, "Doing to Lady Minerva!?"