I'd Give You Couple of The Decade Maybe

Start from the beginning

"You look gorgeous," They all gush at the same time.

"I think I'll get this one," I smirk and look at the other girls' dresses.

Danika chose a short, strapless, bubble style gold dress. Fiona chose the first one she tried on and Cadillac chose a dark blue one to complement her still neon blue hair. We all walk towards the register and ring up our dresses.

I pay for mine and follow the girls to our next destination; the shoe shop to find heels for our new dresses. I've already decided that I'm going to wear my lace up heels but that doesn't stop me from trying every heel I can get my hands on.

In the end Fiona has a pair of white heels for her dress, Danika has a pair of brown, leather pumps and Cadillac has settled on a pair of simple black heels.

"Thank you so much," We all chorus as we leave the shoe store.

"Where to next?" Fiona asks as we stop near a mall map.

"Nails and facials?" Danika asks with a smirk.

"Yes," We all squeal like stereotypical girls

Danika, being the mall girl that she is, leads us to the nail salon which just so happens to be next to the spa. She books us an appointment and four employees immediately lead us back to the mani-pedi chairs where there's hot water already running in the tubs.

I slip my feet in while the manicurist pours some scented oil into the hot water. She begins to massage my feet and I lean back in my chair; grateful for the break.

~~~~~

"Thanks so much," I wave to Fiona as I open my front door late in the afternoon.

After our nails and facials, we all went out to lunch and then just walked around the mall aimlessly which explains why my feet are aching so bad. I unlock the door finally and slip out of my TOMS.

I walk to the kitchen and grab a water bottle while I make my way to the living room. The house is quiet which means my family is probably out doing their normal Saturday activities.

I turn on the TV and robotically surf through channels. I feel lonely in the house and a certain little fur ball would help with that but it's Oliver's turn to have Jasper so I'm stuck being lonely. I finally settle on a chick flick and curl up on the couch.

The movie has been on for 5 minutes and it's getting boring so I close my eyes and slowly drift off.

~~~~~

It's been a long hard week and the only thing that's keeping me going is Junior Prom. It's Friday afternoon finally and Oliver is driving me home on his motorcycle. He says he'll pick me up at 7 as he kisses my cheek. I nod and he drives off.

I practically run to my front door and throw it open. I'm smiling like an idiot as I race up to my room to begin getting ready for one of the biggest dances of my life. I hop into the shower and wash as quickly as I can.

I put on some basic makeup before applying my eye shadow, liner, mascara and other choice beauty products. Next I work on my hair. I pull it into a messy, braided bun with some curled tendrils hanging out to frame my face. I put on the silver crown I bought and then slip into my dress.

I can feel my breath catch as I look upon all my hard work in the mirror.

"I'm ready," I mumble to myself and adjust my dress.

~~~~~

I hear the doorbell and wait at the top of the stairs for my parents to answer. Oliver steps through the door and shakes my dad's hand. The engage in some small talk while my mom calls for me. She walks up the stairs a little and sees me.