I Do Not Have Enough Sleep To Deal With Oliver

Okay guys, so I'm going to start updating more often, my update date schedule will be Monday, Wednnesday, Friday, I'm doing this because I want to get the story moving..I'll try to space out the time during the day that i update so i don't dump everything on you guys at once :P...I hope I'm not overwhelming anybody...ILY <3<3

Chapter 5:

Beckinsile's Point of View

Beep Beep Beep. My alarm clock wakes me up around 6 A.M. telling me to get a start on the day. I groan and push back my covers. I'm still sleepy since I don't think I actually went to bed until almost 4 A.M. which is the latest I've gone to bed in ages. I walk into my bathroom and pull back my hair. I turn on the faucet and splash my face with water. I rub a cleanser into my skin and rinse it off when I'm done. I pat my face dry with a towel and brush my teeth. I take a deep breath and walk back into my room. I open up my closet and go in search of something to wear.

"Yellow sundress? No," I toss the dress to the side.

"A t-shirt I got from the beach? Lord no," I throw the t-shirt into the back of my closet, hoping to never find it again.

I pout slightly and rack my brain for something to wear. In the end, I decide on a pair of ripped up blue jeans and my Nirvana t-shirt. I slip on my red converse as I run a mascara wand through my eyelashes and put on my necklace. I look in the mirror and decide I need some more jewelery. I search through my jewelry box until I've found something suitable. I clip on my evil eye pendant that my mom got me from Turkey while she was traveling. I'm not superstitious; I just like the way it looks. I pull on a few band bracelets and grab my bag. I take one last look in the mirror before going downstairs for breakfast.

"Becky, you're early..." My mom's voice trails off as she stirs some eggs in a pan on the stove.

"Are the animals up yet?" I ask as I pick up a banana from the fruit bowl.

I take off the peel and pop part of it in my mouth.

"Yes, Gabe is running quite late though. He just woke up about five minutes ago." My mom looks more amused than worried.

I think she knows a bit more about his whereabouts last night than he thinks she does.

"Do you know what time he got home last night?" My mom has her back to me as she finishes packing lunches.

I shrug and pop more banana into my mouth.

"Beckinsile, please tell me. I won't get mad." My mom goes back to stirring the eggs and awaiting my answer.

"He got home at like 3:20 A.M." I close my eyes and wait for her to respond.

"Do you know what he was doing?" My mom places a hand on her hip and turns to face me.

"You can't rat Gabe out now." The devil on my shoulder tells me.

"Your parents expect you to tell them the truth," the little angel on my other shoulder says in a sing-song voice.

"I can't always be the little good girl." I smirk internally and turn back to my Mother.

"I told you last night; he was at a friend's house. My story has not changed since then." I say as my mom places a plate of eggs in front of me.

I think even she knows he was out partying but there's no use punishing him because he would just ignore it. Sometimes I genuinely believe my parents have given up on Gabe and are just hoping he'll change on his own.

Gabe and Nate walk into the kitchen about a minute later. Nate looks sullen and Gabe looks slightly enraged. I can't tell if it's because of the lack of sleep or if it's because Gabe actually talked to Nate like he promised to. I eat my eggs in the awkward silence as Gabe gives mom a kiss on the cheek and grabs his breakfast. Nate grabs his too and sits on the other side of me. I can feel him giving me the death glare all throughout breakfast.