Nine Ten Never Sleep Again

Chapter 28:

Beckinsile's Point of View

The drive is short and soon enough we arrive in front of Oliver's house. Ed and Fiona are just getting out of his car when we drive up. Fiona sees Aunt Helena in the driver's seat and squeals.

Fiona had come over a few times when Aunt Helena was visiting and we had so much fun together. Ed has met Aunt Helena once and I think he has just a little bit of a crush on her. The one time he met her, he did whatever she asked him to the whole time he was over and it was just slightly amusing.

"This is your car?" Ed has the same look in his eyes that Gabe had earlier today.

"Yes, love...this is my car..." Aunt Helena laughs a little and Ed blushes.

I step out of the car and wave goodbye to Aunt Helena. I look towards the door and Oliver is rushing out in a pair of sweatpants and a black t-shirt. He's wearing a red snapback, his same necklaces and a huge grin.

"You're kidding, right?" Oliver says, breathlessly, as he reaches the car.

"Nope," I smirk as Oliver admires the car.

"This is a 1963 Corvette Sting Ray; this car is a classic..." Oliver continues admiring the car.

"So, I've been told..." Aunt Helena says from the driver's seat.

"Oliver, this is Helena..." I say with a smile.

"Very nice to meet you," Oliver says, finally taking his eyes off the car.

"I think you like meeting my car, love..." Aunt Helena smirks.

"That's a plus," Oliver says shaking her hand.

"Very well, I'll let you all get to your movie marathon; Beckinsile, just call when you want me to pick you up...If it's past 3 A.M. though, you may have to wait until tomorrow morning..." Aunt Helena winks.

"Bye, Aunt Helena." I roll my eyes as she begins to back out of the driveway.

"Kisses," She blows a kiss and then speeds off down the street.

"That car is so amazing..." Ed and Oliver walk ahead of us into the house.

"Boys and cars," Fiona rolls her eyes and we link arms.

The two of us follow the boys into the house and down to Oliver's basement. The basement has a comfy looking L-shaped couch covered in throw blankets and a coffee table with two huge bowls of popcorn. There are sodas among the popcorn bowls and a stack of horror movies sitting by the TV.

Fiona and I take a seat on the couch and slip our shoes off. We tuck ourselves under a blanket while Oliver grabs the stack of DVDs. Ed takes the seat on the other side of Fiona while Oliver takes the seat on the other side of me.

"What movie do you guys wanna watch?" Oliver asks and shows us the various titles he has.

"Nightmare on Elm Street..." We all agree and Oliver pops the DVD in.

He turns out the lights and takes a seat next to me. The movie begins playing and I grab a bowl of popcorn.

~~~~~

Fiona and I have the blanket pulled up almost to our eyes but we can still see what's going on in the movie. My eyes are wide with fear and my heart's beating out of my chest. Oliver and Ed went up a few minutes ago to make hot chocolate so Fiona and I are alone watching Freddie Krueger and his victims. I set the popcorn bowl down on the floor and Fiona immediately clutches onto me.