Chapter Eighteen: Tempting Offer

Start from the beginning

"Jade." I heard Sesshomaru growl. 

(Sesshomaru POV) 

        "Jade." I growled. I got there just in time to see Jade's spiritual powers have no effect on the guy holding her. 

"Who are you?" the guy asked, "Wait! I know that face! Lord Sesshomaru! Lord of the West! I'm honored to get to meet you!" 

"You know my name, so it's only polite that I know yours." I growled.

"Enma." he smiled.

"Let go of her." I said; analyzing the the barrier. 

"Sorry, but I can't do that." he shrugged. 

Katana! Break the barrier! I can't do this one alone! Jade's thought was desperate, but it did the trick. Katana immedietly shot from her sheath, and hit the barrier. There was a bright light, but when it died down, there wasn't even a scratch. 

(Jade POV)

        Not even a scratch. I thought; defeated. 

Jade, I have a plan, but you're not going to like it. Nayumi's voice was a whisper, but I heard it. 

What is it? I asked. 

Have Katana stab you. Don't worry. I won't let you die, but I can hold these two off. Understand the risk. I'm not match for this guy, and if I die then you will as well. She warned. 

Katana! Stab me. I demanded. 

"AH!" I screamed in pain as the sword entered my side. 

"Looks like your sword has turned on you." Enma said with a frown; pulling the sword out. 

"Enma! No!" Sakura yelled, but it was too late. Nayumi was already taking the dirver's seat. 

I'll leave this to you. I thought as I feel into darkness. 

(Nayumi's POV)

        "Get your hands off me!" I growled; focusing all my spiritual power to the two crescent moons on my back. 

"Ah! You little wench!" Enma cursed. 

"Hi, nice to meet ya! I'm Nayumi Yamamoto, and I'll be tucking you into your death bed." I said with a cocky smile, but his power was almost overwhelming. 

"Just the girl I wanted to see." he smiled, and I charged. "What would you say if I offered to resurrect you clan?" 

His words stopped me cold. "What?" I asked in a shakey voice. 

"Enma!" Sakura growled. 

"Shut up." he hissed at her. 

"Don't you dare toy with me!" I snarled; getting in a position to pounce. 

"I'm not toying with you, and, for a bonus, I'll even make that pathetic excuse of a reincarnation her own body. I wouldn't dream of having you kill her." he smiled. 

"Nayumi! Don't fall for it!" I heard Hychi yell. 

"It's not a trap. I have the power to resurrect everyone you love. All if will cost is your help." he said sweetly. 

"What kind of help?" I asked. 

"Unlike Sakura, I do not wish to destroy this world. I merely want to rule it. Make it better!" he said with a wild smile. 

"Enma!" Sakura yelled. 

"Shut up!" he yelled back; back handing her into the barrier. She fell unconscious, and I kinda felt bad for her. 

"I'm not interested in your offer." my voice came out weak. 

"I think you are. Why don't you come to my castle, and we can talk about it more in depth?" he smiled. 

"How about we make a bet." I said; confidence filling my chest again. 

"What kind of bet?" he asked; narrowing his eyes as he frowned. 

"A fight. If I win, then you leave. If you win, then I go to the castle and let you explain your offer." I suggested. 

"If you win, do I have to stay away forever?" he asked. 

"I would like to say yes, but I'm not one to make unfair bets. I'm only offereing to let you explain your offer, so no. You won't have to stay away forever. You will, however, have to give them at least a week. Jade is badly hurt, and it would be unfair to fight her in this conditition." I said; motioning to my bloody side. 

"Nayumi! Don't do this!" Hychi yelled. 

"Shut it! I can handle myself!" I barked. 

"Hychi, let her do this." Sesshomaru sighed. 

You shouldn't have so much faith in me, dog. I'm not expecting to be able to win this one. I thought; a sad smile crossing my face. 

------------------------------------
I'm sorry for the major cliff hanger, but I hope y'all like the plot twist! I finally broke through my writers block and now I have lots of ideas! I'll update again soon! keep reading!!