Chapter Seventeen: Homebound

Start from the beginning

"At least I have my head back to myself." I muttered under my breath.

"Jade, are you okay in there?" Hychi asked from outside the bathroom door. 

"Yep! Just fine!" I said; plastering a smile on my face as I opened the door. 

"At least you're walking a little better now." Hychi said with a worried smile. 

"Yeah, just had to get use to supporting my weight again." I shrugged. 

"I'm glad you're back. Nayumi is scary." Hychi laughed. 

"Trust me. I know!" I said; returing the laugh. 

"We're going." Sesshomaru's voice came from behind us; causing me to jump. 

"Don't sneak up on me!" I exclaimed; my voice going up an octave. 

"Hey! You didn't hit him this time!" Hychi cheered. 

"Only 'cause my reflexes aren't that great right now." I mumbled. 

"Jade!" Kiyoshi's exclaimed in joy as he rounded the corner. 

"Hey Kiyoshi." I said with a warm smile. 

"Good to see you up, and walking aorund." he said; rubbing the back of his neck. 

"Yeah. Come on. we have another three week journey a head of us." I said; walking down the hall. 

"Jade," Sesshomaru said. 

"Huh?" I asked; stopping and turning around.

"That's the wrong way." he said as he walked in the other direction. 

"Right! I knew that!" I said with a nervous laugh. 

"I'm sure you did." Hychi teased. 

"Shut up." I laughed. 

        "Is this really the barrier?" I asked in awe. In front of me, there was a filmy blue veil. 

"You actually see something?" Hychi asked. 

"Yeah." I breathed. 

"So you can see it?" Monk Michio asked; he had escorted us to the barrier. 

"Mhm." I nodded. 

"I knew Nayumi could see it, but I wasn't sure you would be able to. It just proves that you're much stronger than I gave you credit for." the old man chuckled. 

"You thought I was weak!" I exclaimed. 

"Mostly. You didn't really give off the impression of power." he chuckled somemore. 

"Hmph!" I snorted, and stomped through the barrier. 

        "That felt weird." I said when I was through. 

"I've been waiting for you." a male's voice boomed. 

"Huh? Who?" I asked; my muscles tensing so I would be ready to defend myself. 

"Nayumi Yamamoto! I heard you were reborn!" he yelled. 

He's over excited. I sweatdropped. 

"Hate to break it to you, but I'm not Nayumi." I sighed. 

"You're the carrier of her reborn soul, so therefore you are Nayumi!" he yelled; obviously getting frustrated. 

"Demon, or just a man she refused to marry?" I asked; hoping for the first one, but I wasn't getting a demonic vibe from  him. 

"She didn't refuse me!" he yelled. 

Oops! Struck a nerve there. I thought. 

"She's not interested." Sesshomaru said; appearing beside me. 

"Who are you?" the man asked; anger flashing over his face. 

"The one tell you to leave." he replied; his voice colder than usual. 

"Are you the demon lover of her's!!" he yelled; his eyes going wide. 

"Think what you please, but I do not have the patience to deal with you." Sesshomaru said; narrowing his eyes. 

Not good! He's losing his patience! I thought to myself. 

"Fight me!" the man finally yelled. 

"I have no plans of wasting my time with you." Sesshomaru growled. 

"Fight me for her hand! If i win, then she comes with me!" the man was getting on my nerves. 

"Look, you arrogant bastard, I'm not interested, and if you're going to fight anyone for my hand then you're going to fight me!" I snapped. 

"I would never fight such a pretty lady." he said with a smile. 

"You're annoying!" I grunted as I punched him. I didn't give him time to recover. I spun around; my left leg connecting with his side. 

"Such strength!" the man exclaimed, "I demand your hand in marriage!" 

I anime fell. I couldn't help it. 

"Are you serious!" I exclaimed. 

"Yes! I love fiesty women!" he said; he had sparkles in his eyes. 

"I'm not interested." I sighed. 

"I dema-" before he could finish I kicked him in the stomach; sending him flying backwards. He hit a tree, and fell unconscious. 

"Let's go." I sighed; walking away from the mountain. I looked back, and noticed that everyone looked scared except for Sesshomaru 

He's smirking? I thought to myself. 

        "I'm hungry!" I whined. We were only a week away from Kaede's village, but Sesshomaru only remembered to feed me and Kiyoshi when I reminded him. 

"We just ate." Sesshomaru replied. 

"Three days ago!" I exclaimed. 

"Hn." he mumbled. 

"Don't hn me!" I said; grabbing his ear. 

"Again with the ear." he sighed. 

"Can we please stop somewhere to eat?' I begged. 

"Hychi, take her to find something." Sesshomaru said. 

"Come Hychi!" I yelled in joy; grabbing his wrist, and dragging him into the forest. "We'll bring something back for you Kiyoshi!" 

(Sesshomaru POV) 

        I watched as Jade disappeared behind in the trees. 

"Were do you want to be dropped off at?" I asked Kiyoshi. 

"Oh- uh- I was actually wanting to remain with you guys, Lord Sesshomaru." he replied. 

"Fine. We will take you to the old miko's village, but you are to stay there. You're not ready to travel with us yet." I sighed; Jade would kill me if I didn't let him stay. 

"That's fine! Thank you, Lord Sesshomaru!" he exclaimed. 

"Hn." 

"Lord Sesshomaru?" he asked, and I just looked over at him. "Why don't you make a move on Jade? It's obvious you like eachother. 

"Mind your own business." I replied coolly. 

"I'm sorry, Lord Sesshomaru." he sighed. 

Do I like Jade that way? I wondered to myself. 

"AHHHH!" Jade's scream pierced the air, and I immediatly grabbed Kiyoshi and took of running.