52 - Bones

Vienna requests that Pavel takes her back to her room and away from his and he does so quietly. He wonders if she'll want him to stay or not and he contemplates taking her hand. She looks like she's close to crying again.

They get back and Pavel has a dozen questions swimming in his head. He wants to try and look after her but his brain is so cloudy and he has no idea what he's doing.

"Should I call someone for you?" He asks softly. "Is there something I can do for you?"

"Hold me, Pasha," she mutters. "That's all I want. You sound funny, are you feeling okay?"

"I took a double dose of my spray. It's making me feel really drowsy. Everything feels a little fuzzy, I'm sorry, I probably should have taken less. I was just freaking out a little."

She nods, not saying anything and taking his hand. She takes him into her bedroom and they sit there, his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"Pavel, will you kiss me?"

"Is... Isn't is a little fast? You just went through that. You didn't like having my hands on your face. I don't want to stress you by kissing you, Enya."

"I don't him to be the last person I kissed. Please."

He nods and kisses her softly, his lips only just brushing hers. Vienna can feel just how apprehensive he is and pulls back a little.

"I'm sure, Pavel. Please, I want you to take it all away... Please, kiss me..."

He doesn't argue, kissing her then and kissing her properly. He kisses her cheek, her forehead and the tip of her nose, whispering that he loves her, that he's sorry.

McCoy comes to check on them and finds them both asleep. Vienna's curled up in Pavel's arms and they're both on top of the covers. He decides to wake them to check how they're going and Vienna wakes up first, rubbing her eyes and nudging Pavel. McCoy's holding a scanner probe over her head and she frowns at it.

Pavel stays asleep and they decide to leave him there for a little while. Vienna tells McCoy all the context from before the incident earlier. She tells him about the journal, about the teasing and everything else she can remember. McCoy listens and notes down a few things. There's a knock on the door and McCoy calls out that it's open. The blonde man from earlier comes in and smiles politely at Vienna.

"They've been taken cares of, Bones. I should probably introduce myself," he says softly sitting opposite Vienna and shaking her head. My name is James Kirk. I was with Bones when you messaged. I thought he may have needed a hand."

"I'm Vienna," she says softly. "The other boy I was with is Pavel, he's still asleep."

"Sorry that we had to meet under these circumstances. I'm sure you're in good hands though," Kirk smiles, gesturing towards McCoy.

"Where does the nickname Bones come from?" Vienna asks, eliciting an eyeroll from the doctor.

"His wife 'took the whole goddamn planet' in the divorce and now apparently all he has left is his bones," Kirk answers, grinning. McCoy doesn't seem overly amused but holds back any comments. McCoy goes back to asking Vienna a couple more questions before filling her in on what's happening to Damien and the rest of the group. Starfleet security wants her to come in and make a statement with Pavel but she wants to put it off until the morning, when her head is a little more clear.

Pavel appears from the bedroom and Kirk introduces himself. Pavel's a little dazed and confused, wondering why there's so many people in the room. He takes a seat and McCoy walks the both of them through what will happen tomorrow. For now, he thinks they should rest. They don't need any sort of encouragement. They're both tired, they're both mentally exhausted.

Pavel and Vienna sleep in. They don't get out of bed until nearly lunch time and Pavel still insists on eating porridge when he does get up. Vienna eats a sandwich, quiet and lost in thought. Pavel notes how she's really not herself since last night. He goes to put his arm around her and she just in surprise.

"I'm sorry," Pavel says softly. "I'm sorry I just.... I didn't mean to upset you."

"You just startled me a little," she says, putting her food down and running a hand through her hair. "I'm okay. I was just thinking about what happened when you touched me and yeah... Bad timing I suppose. I'm anxious about having to tell the story again. I don't want to keep reliving it. It just keeps playing over and over in my head again. That moment when you got shot by the blue beam, I can't stop seeing it. I thought he'd killed you."

She's starting to get teary and Pavel takes her hands, giving them a soft squeeze. "I'm here now. I'm alive and you're okay too. We made it though, it's over now. We don't have to deal with him anymore."

She nods, sniffing and curling up into his chest. He holds her and whispers to her in soft Russian, in the hopes it'll calm her down. For a little while, it works and she just stays there, trying to take in Pavel's words.

(Author's Note)

Don't mind me just trying to hurry things along by adding heaps of chapters
Low-key because I want to upload other things now but anywayyyyy~~~

Angels (Pavel Chekov)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara