Chapter 19 - Russians & Sweets

Pavel would never admit it, but he loved it when I called him Pasha, Pav or any kind of pet name. He tried to hide it, but he always grinned and blushed, especially if I called him darl or sweetheart.

"Pavel what are you doing?" I asked giggling as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. He stared hungrily at the cookie batter I had in front of me. He extended his finger towards the batter and I batted it away plafully. He rested his head on the back if my shoulder and smiled. "What are you making?" He grinned. "Cookies for Bones and Jo tomorrow," I answered. He quickly stuck his finger in the bowl before I could stop him and backed away from me. He laughed and ate the batter off his fingers. "Pasha!" I scolded, putting my spoon down. "You sound so much like my mother," he laughed. "What's it like?" I asked. He shrugged making pretend choking actions. "I've been poisoned," he gasped, winking at me. I pushed him in mock annoyance, sticking the spoon in my mouth. "Don't insult my cooking okay," I laughed, "or I won't cook anymore."

He leant on the kitchen cupboard, grinning slightly at me. "What?" I asked. He grinned again and shook his head. "What?" I asked again, laughing this time. "You," he smiled, placing his arms down my lower back, and kissing me softly. I kissed him back in between giggles. There was a loud groan from the other side of the room, causing Pavel and I to turn across to see Bones opening to door and rolling his eyes. "Sorry," Pavel muttered, akwardly blushing and running a hand through his hair. "Well you two are in a good mood I'm guessing nothing bad happened?" He grinned. Pavel pulled the letter out of his back pocket and held it in the air triumphantly. Bones smiled, and pulled out a letter of his own from inside his jacket. Pavel and I quickly exchanged excited looks.

Bones swapped letters with Pavel, and there were a few seconds of silence before Pavel cried out "We got on the same ship!" I laughed and wrapped one arm around Bones and another around Pavel, jumping up and down excitedly. Bones smiled warmly and let go of us. "Oh I made cookies for you and Joanna tomorrow," I said walking back to the kitchen. Pavel muttered something about Russia and vodka cookies, while I went back to the kitchen. Bones stuck a finger in the bowl and grinned. "Stop it!" I called, smacking his hand lightly with my spoon. "What's with you two?" I asked, trying not to laugh. They shrugged.

Bones and Pavel were drinking together while I pulled the tray of cookies from the oven. I pulled a second tray out while they both wondered over and looked at the cookies hungrily. Pavel was about to pick one up when I shot him a look. "They're hot," I warned. Pavel thought for second and muttered, "I'm Russian," before picking it up. Bones chuckled and I rolled my eyes as Pavel bit into the cookie. He swallowed his mouthful and muttered, "worth it."

Bones was eating a cookie and reading something on his PADD, while Pavel read through a textbook and filled out a sheet beside him. I sat beside him unsuccessfully platting my hair. Pavel watched me for a second and grinned, "vhat are you doing?" I rolled my eyes, "I'm trying to platt my hair." He smiled and went back to his book. "Can I platt your hair?" I asked. Before he could argue I stood up and started to platt it. He sighed in defeat and kept reading. "Admit it," I whispered, "you like it when I play with your hair." He closed his textbook and grinned. "Yeah I kinda do."

-----

"Who is it?" Pavel asked sleepily into his phone beside him. "No, I don't even have a car," he groaned, lying back down and rubbing his eyes. He switched to Russian, muttering all this stuff, and swearing occasionally. He groaned once more and hung up. "What's going on?" I asked, rolling over to face him. "Erik arrived here about ten minutes ago and wants me to pick him up." He replied. "I didn't think he'd be here for a while," I asked, sitting up with him. "Yeah he said he got cheap flights, so he came early." Pavel stood up and pulled on a pair of jeans, "will you be alright here by yourself?" I stood up and hugged him, "I'd rather come with you." He nodded and pulled on a shirt, rubbing his eyes again.