19 - Improving

"Wake me? I want you to join me."

---

She laughs, deciding to put her pen down for a few minutes and join him. She sits on his back and starts running her fingers across his shoulders. His skin tingles and he grins. He tells her to keep going and she does, running the tips of her nails along his back.

"That's so good," he says softly.

She kisses his cheek and lies beside him, brushing his curly hair from his eyes.

"Pasha," she whispers. His dark blue eyes blink back at her and every part of his body screams at him to tell her how he feels. He sits up a little so he can kiss her properly. They've only really had lingering pecks since they first started kissing but he wants to try and heat their kisses up a little.

She sits up and puts her arms around his neck and smiles at him. He moves closer to her and puts his hands on her waist. He tries not to smile like an idiot, but he can hardly help it. Their lips press together, and Pavel realises he has little idea what he's doing. She moves her head a little and deepens the kiss and he just goes along with it.

"I'm sorry," he whispers. "I really don't know what I'm doing."

"You don't have to," she grins, pressing her lips against his firmly. He grins into the kiss, cupping her cheek with his hand. They stay like that for a while, on top of the sheets and experimenting with their kisses. He keeps his hands on her waist or cupping her cheek and she can't help but wish he'd use them to explore a little.

They separate eventually, realising that their next class is soon. Pavel grins at her as he puts his shoes on.

"Not bad, hm?"

She smiles, shrugging. "I'll help you improve."

They work quietly together in class, trying not to dwell on the comments Damien was making, but rather the time they spent together after. Pavel's mind wanders completely and he retains nothing from the entire class, which for him is highly unusual. She nudges his side at one point and he comes back to reality, thanking her and rubbing his eyes a little.

Vienna stays in her own room to get some study done. Pavel finds it lonely being in his room by himself. Even having a roommate to keep him company would be better than the silent dorm room. Pavel turns on some music to calm his thoughts. He's keeps thinking about what Damien called Vienna and it stops him from studying for a while. He has something to eat and goes back to work, finishing his ethics assignment. He goes to bed and finds that sleep won't come to him. His mind is spinning with everything that has happened. He has still been thinking about Vienna reading his journal. He's finding it harder to let go of than he initially thought.

Pavel doesn't sleep at all that night and can't concentrate when Vienna comes over in the afternoon. She asks what's wrong and he tells her about his sleepless night. He asks her to check over his ethics assignment before he hands it in and she's a little blown away by how good it is.

"Your assignment is far better than mine. Your English in it is perfect too, I don't think there's any feedback I can really give you..."

"As long as there aren't any English mistakes in it. I get confused with word order sometimes in really long sentences."

"Your English is perfect, you've no need to worry though. The only thing that gives you away is the accent."

"I've tried getting rid of it. I gave up after a while."

"Don't get rid of it. It's adorable. I love your accent so much," she smiles. "I've told you before how much I love the way you say my name."

He grins, whispering her name in her ear. She laughs softly and he kisses her cheek, turning back to her assignment so he can submit it. He yawns as it loads through. She asks why he didn't sleep and he shrugs, unsure how he wants to answer.

"I was overthinking."

"Are you alright?" She asks, her expression hardening.

"I'll be better once I sleep some more."

"Were you okay by yourself here last night...?"

He gets what she's trying to imply and nods, confirming that he didn't do anything stupid that night. They don't talk about it any further, just talking about the last few assessment pieces they have left. Pavel's wants to ask if she's going anyway during their mid-semester break. He's worried that he'll be left alone for a fortnight with no classes to keep him occupied.

"Are you spending the midsem break in Russia?"

He blinks, surprised that she's asking about what he was thinking only a few seconds earlier. "No. I'll go back at Christmas, but it was miserable there, I'm in no rush to go back. Are you going to go back home over the break? I was actually thinking about it when you asked me."

"My family are thinking of coming and visiting here for a week and then I'll go back there for the other week."

"Ah," he says, trying not to sound disappointed. "I'm sure you'll enjoy that."

"Will you come meet my family? When they come to San Fransisco, that is. Would you be okay with that?"

Pavel is reasonably surprised that she's asking. He tries not to sound as apprehensive as he feels. "Are you sure they'd even want to meet me? You said they didn't like your last boyfriend, I don't know. Maybe you should just enjoy your time with them without having to worry about me getting anxious over everything."

"I want you there with me, and they will like you. You're polite, intelligent, kind. I'm sure they'll be able to see that. You don't have to if you think it'd be too hard for you, but my parents are very relaxed people. I'm sure you wouldn't have any trouble with them."

He nods, still uncertain about it. She can tell he's not entirely certain about the idea but she's sure she can convince him to meet them before their break starts.